Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA, is seeking to hire a qualified Deputy Chief of Party with experience in land settlement for an anticipated $10-25 million USAID-funded activity to support a fully digital land record in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province in Pakistan.
The purpose of the activity is to support the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to institute an efficient, transparent and accessible land record. The activity will be implemented in selected Newly Merged Districts in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
A digital land record will help improve land management and local planning, mitigate land disputes, support enabling conditions to access credit and improve the ability of the Government to provide services to its citizens.
We are looking for candidates with expertise in:
- Leading multi- disciplinary technical teams to ensure the timely provision and delivery of required technical deliverables and achievement of expected results on land tenure and property rights projects;
- Proven project management skills on international donor funded programs addressing land tenure and property rights (USAID specific programs preferred);
- Land tenure and property rights in the region, experience digitizing land record, building land information systems, and training government on land administration in Pakistan preferred;
- Leading multi-disciplinary technical teams to design, implement and achieve cross-cutting project results, such as improving delivery of land administration services, facilitating land dispute resolution, enabling access to credit and economic growth, and promoting women’s inheritance and property rights;
- Coordinating project implementation with government institutions, other donor funded projects, private sector and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to achieve project results and amplify impact;
- Effectively working with and monitoring performance of project subcontractors.
- More than five (5) years of relevant experience and skills related to area of specialization;
- Proven track record providing effective leadership to multi- disciplinary teams on development projects and building counterpart capacity, preferably in the Newly Merged Districts;
- Fluency in English required, and Pashto language skills strongly preferred;
- University degree in relevant discipline, Master’s degree preferred;
- Ability to to be based in Peshawar and potentially travel to other parts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa;
- Familiar with at least one land administration and management system in the region is an advantage.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Reference List
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted. Deadline for applications is May 31, 2020.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.