Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA, is seeking to hire a qualified Deputy Chief of Party with experience in land settlement for an anticipated $10-25 million USAID-funded activity to support a fully digital land record in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province in Pakistan.
The purpose of the activity is to support the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to institute an efficient, transparent and accessible land record. The activity will be implemented in selected Newly Merged Districts in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
A digital land record will help improve land management and local planning, mitigate land disputes, support enabling conditions to access credit and improve the ability of the Government to provide services to its citizens.
We are looking for candidates with:
- Experience leading multi- disciplinary technical teams to ensure the timely provision and delivery of required technical deliverables and achievement of expected results;
- Proven project management skills on international donor funded programs (with preference for USAID funded programs) that have helped strengthen capacity of the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to improve delivery of services related to land administration, to engage with the private sector and encourage economic, land and mineral development and investment and to increase revenue generation;
- Experience training Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to improve skills of its staff to effectuate land transactions, allow the use of land to improve access to credit and to reduce loan risk, resolve disputes, strengthen women’s rights to land, increase revenue generation and facilitate private investment to support economic growth in the Newly Merged Areas;
- Experience coordinating project implementation with government institutions, other donor funded projects, private sector and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to achieve project results and amplify impact;
- Experience effectively working with and monitoring performance of project subcontractors.
- More than five (5) years of relevant experience and skills related to area of specialization;
- Proven track record providing effective leadership to multi- disciplinary teams on development projects and building counterpart capacity, preferably in the Newly Merged Districts;
- Fluency in English required, and Pashto language skills strongly preferred;
- University degree in relevant discipline, Master’s degree preferred;
- Ability to to be based in Peshawar and potentially travel to other parts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa;
- Familiar with at least one land administration and management system in the region is an advantage.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Reference List
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted. Deadline for applications is June 30, 2020.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.