We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
Reports To: Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: Managerial, exempt-level position
Overview:IBTCI is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party, with extensive experience in the food security, nutrition, livelihoods, and resiliency sectors, for the five-year Ethiopia Resilience Platform for Adaptive Management (R-PAL) Activity. T he purpose of the R-PAL is to support the USAID/Ethiopia Transition into Graduation through Enhanced Resilience (TIGER) Project – both its staff and its key stakeholders – to be more efficient, effective, transparent and skilled in achieving development outcomes through the use of evidence, adaptive management techniques, and Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) practices that enable increased resilience for the chronically vulnerable in the Highlands.
Ethiopia R-PAL is expected to achieve four objectives:
- Objective 1: Collaboration and coordination among USAID Ethiopia Highlands Resilience partners and investments is established and facilitated to support collective impact;
- Objective 2: Highlands resilience investments are informed by learning, evidence, and research;
- Objective 3: Adaptive management processes and solutions for USAID Highlands Resilience investments are adopted and employed towards evidence-based program iteration (and ingrained in the partnership’s culture);
- Objective 4: Innovation within USAID’s Highlands programming drives early adoption and scaling of new rigorously tested approaches
This position is contingent upon award and anticipated to start in fall 2021.
Ethiopian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Possesses strong background in human resources in recruiting, staff management, and other HR responsibilities.
- Oversee production and ensure quality of all technical products and deliverables, including MEL frameworks, monitoring plans, evaluation and assessment scopes of work and designs, MEL training curricula, contract progress reports, and analysis, reports, and presentations related to all MEL activities under MECC II’s purview.
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation activities under this contract are in accordance with USAID regulations and technical and reporting requirements.
- Possesses the capacity to manage complex programs in a multi-cultural environment and provide consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise solutions and adopt solutions thereto is essential.
- Supervise a team that includes both long-term and short-term MEL staff and subject matter experts.
- In collaboration with the Chief of Party, lead annual work planning, including the identification and recruitment of resources required to complete contract deliverables in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 12 years or more of progressively responsible work experience in public or private sector management, administration, and planning; international development, preferably in developing countries; and development program management.
- Possesses at least six (6) years of supervisory experience.
- Possesses at least three (3) years of monitoring and evaluation experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and/or experiences in financial planning and management, grant management, and procurement, among other management support areas/functions.
- Experience in organizational development; management of development programs; and complex contracts or financial management systems or both.
- M&E training/capacity building experience.
- Knowledge of ADS 200 and 201.
- Possess appropriate interpersonal skills to satisfy the requirements of the position.
- Strong verbal and written skills in English (Level III for both) are required.
Education: Possesses graduate degree in management, organizational development, financial management, international development, business administration or a related field (or career/experience equivalent).
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Direct experience with common donor procurement and reporting requirements and managing subcontracts and sub-grants is a plus.
- Experience managing and implementing multi-faceted projects, private investments, job creation and agribusiness development programs.
- Knowledge of Amharic as well as in-depth knowledge of the local operating environment in Ethiopia.
- Previous experience with M&E, preferably with USAID or with USAID-funded initiatives.
- Experience in knowledge management and organizational learning.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This has some supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel throughout Ethiopia is required.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in Ethiopia
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).