IMA World Health (IMA) is a non-profit, faith-based organization that that offers extensive expertise implementing programs to address integrated health systems strengthening, maternal and child health, neglected tropical diseases, malaria, HIV, non-communicable diseases, and sexual and gender based violence programs in some of the most challenging and post-conflict settings throughout Africa, Asia, and the Caribbean. IMA maintains a diverse and complex funding portfolio made up of both grants and contracts that support program services across those countries and totals approximately $100 million annually.
IMA is seeking a DCOP/Senior Nutrition Advisor for an anticipated 5-year USAID-funded Multi-sectoral Nutrition, Maternal and Child Health Activity project in Uganda. The purpose of the program is to improve government multi-sectoral leadership and strengthen system for Reproductive Maternal Neonatal Child Health (RMNCH) and Nutrition in Uganda and supported enabling environment for functional multi-sectoral RMNCH and Nutrition systems. The DCOP will provide technical and programmatic leadership. This position will oversee the program teams, lead project reporting and documentation efforts, while ensuring cost effectiveness and compliance with USAID rules and regulations. S/he will support the Chief of Party (COP) and liaise regularly with key stakeholders representing the program, including assigned USAID in-country technical advisors and other staff, relevant Ministry stakeholders, and civil society networks. This position reports directly to the Chief of Party.
- Coordinate with the COP in management of the technical components, providing programmatic leadership and overseeing the strategic planning of activities in support of the project goals and objectives, including the determination of project priorities and appropriate technical initiatives
- Advise the COP on appropriate decisions and actions in nutrition and RMNCH related issues
- Provide technical guidance on nutrition policy, strategy and multi-sectoral action for nutrition programming
- Ensure results-oriented technical components and high-quality and timely deliverables and reports
- Evaluate program effectiveness and determine corrective action needed to improve goal achievement
- Oversee implementing partners and advise on technical issues
- Ensure strong working relationships with implementing and technical partners, the Ministry of Health in Uganda and USAID
- Represent the project in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations
- Support development and monitoring of technical work plans and budget
- Identify lessons learned and best practices for external dissemination
- Ensure programmatic compliance with USAID rules and regulations
- Work closely with HQ staff to ensure effective, timely and coordinated project implementation
- Supervise the nutrition technical lead team to ensure program activities maximize project objectives.
- Master’s degree required in nutrition, public health or other relevant development field
- At least 10 years of experience in nutrition programs, with significant expertise in developing and implementing nutrition, RMNCH or related programs
- At least five years of demonstrated experience in implementing, leading, and managing nutrition or RMNCH programs as a DCOP or equivalent
- Prior experience in public health RMNCH and nutrition programming
- Prior experience in Uganda experience is required