About Social Impact
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits
SI is implementing the new USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract. The scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and partners to implement more efficient, effective, and transparent programs by improving: (1) USAID and IP’s capacity to achieve expected results; (2) USAID’s understanding and tracking of project performance; and (3) collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA).
SI is seeking a full-time Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) / Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Director who will provide senior level leadership on the contract and support to USAID. This position will be based in Hanoi, Vietnam. The DCOP/M&E Director will serve as a core team member on a full-time basis throughout the remaining period of performance (until September 2024).
**Please Note: This is a local position. Only Vietnamese citizens will be eligible to apply.**
Management, oversight, mentorship and strategic guidance
- As the USAID – Learns Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP) and member of the senior management team, actively contribute to senior management-level discussions, initiatives and decisions under the overall leadership of the Chief of Party.
- Work closely, daily and proactively with the other senior technical director (the Senior Organizational Learning Director) so both may continuously jointly help identify, facilitate and deepen cross-team technical collaboration, learning and adapting.
- Provide ongoing mentorship, strategic guidance and management support to relevant team members.
- Ensure effective task management in line with SI’s quality standards. Responsible for overall quality control of tasks conducted by team members.
- As DCoP and M&E Director, regularly meet with the CoP, and when applicable with the USAID CoR, to keep them up to date on task developments, technical advances, challenges, new opportunities, strategic developments and other management level updates under his/her portfolio.
- Actively contribute to the team’s culture of learning, adaptation and commitment to promoting more ownership, sustainable utilization and behavioral change throughout, while remaining compliant and service oriented.
- Aim to serve as a role model, motivator and facilitator, championing team-wide collaboration, safe and open sharing, innovation, user-friendly deliverables, in line with overall strategic goals.
- Able and willing to step in to support the proper execution and refinement of tasks, or act as a technical sounding board or offer practical technical advice; overall offering hands-on senior technical support if/when appropriate.
- Ensure that new team members have the right credentials / technical expertise and approach (i.e., one that promotes accessibility, solutions-focus and adaptability) and, once on board, have access to required resources and support.
- Master’s Degree in a social science, development studies or related field (highly desirable).
Leadership & representation
- Demonstrated outstanding leadership, strategic thinking, organizational and team-building, and representational skills.
- Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships with USAID, GVN, and other stakeholders.
- Senior management or advisory level experience supporting USAID-funded projects.
- Experience hiring and supervising personnel and ensuring they acquire the necessary training and skills to meet evolving project needs.
- Demonstrated ability to direct diverse technical M&E teams.
- Outstanding analytical skills, including ability to process, analyze and present data/evidence
- Experience providing training and mentoring especially in area of M&E to either individuals, groups or institutions.
- High computer literacy and superior oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; and fluency in written and spoken Vietnamese (required).
- Experience working in Vietnam (required).
- Experience using different statistical software packages (preferable but not required).
- Professional work experience and proven skills in the design, management, and implementation of quantitative and qualitative evaluations including impact and performance, analyses, and assessments (preferable but not required); Experience drafting and finalizing evaluation and/or research reports (preferable but not required).
The closing date for application: Oct 25, 2020. Selection and interview will be performed constantly and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.