Chemonics seeks a qualified deputy chief of party – agriculture for USAID’s anticipated Feed the Future Knowledge-Based Integrated Sustainable Agriculture and Nutrition II Project (KISAN II). KISAN II aims to substantially reduce poverty and hunger by improving agricultural productivity; strengthening the competitiveness, resilience, and inclusiveness of market systems; enhancing the enabling environment; increasing the resilience of vulnerable communities through business literacy; and applying collaboration, learning, and adaptation methodology to ensure flexible, results-driven programming.
We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Lead activities under Component 1 to improve the productivity of selected agricultural market systems
Manage a large team based in Kathmandu and in the field to enhance the productivity of selected agriculture market systems
Advise project staff, partners, and government of Nepal staff on productivity issues related to selected agriculture market systems, and assist with defining appropriate policy reforms
Work closely with the chief of party and other team members in designing, implementing, and monitoring project interventions to achieve KISAN II objectives
Report on project progress in developing selected agriculture market systems
Preferably a master’s degree or higher in one of the agricultural sciences, such as agronomy, agriculture economics, or horticulture
- Minimum seven years of experience with a master’s degree, or 10 years of experience with a bachelor’s degree, in developing and implementing agriculture value chains
- Experience working for a contractor or international NGO; experience managing programs of similar complexity and scale preferred
- Expertise in market system facilitation approaches, including the use of “good practice” principles, behavior change methodologies, tactics to address incentives and disincentives, and skills for developing a local system that will sustain market systems over time, preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent written and spoken English required. Proficient Nepali preferred
To apply, please submit an electronic version of your resume and cover letter to NepalKISANIIRecruit@chemonics.com with the subject line “Deputy Chief of Party – Agriculture” by December 1, 2016. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, and early applicants are encouraged. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer.