Tetra Tech, a US-based international development firm, is seeking a qualified Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) candidates for the upcoming USAID-funded India Partnership for Land Use Science (Forest PLUS II). The activity focuses on technical cooperation between the Government of India and the United States to build capacity to manage forest landscapes in India for improved delivery of ecosystem services and inclusive sustainable economic opportunities. The primary agency for cooperation is the Indian Forest Service. Secondary direct beneficiaries will be citizens of communities near to forested areas.
The DCOP will be responsible for supporting all technical aspects of the program and will coordinate closely with the COP, USAID and the Government of India in developing, implementing, and revising the project’s overall strategy.
The DCOP will oversee the project’s practice of monitoring, learning, and improvement. This will include internal and external monitoring and progress reports, supporting the CoP’s management of the program. It also includes leading a development and training program on tools and approaches for improved forest management. The DCoP will manage a team of staff and subcontractors that will develop, improve and institutionalize this toolset. The DCOP will be responsible to solicit design input, iterate, and improve these tools with the Indian forest service.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise for the project, and supervise expatriate and local teams.
- Lead Monitoring and Evaluation activities, and prepare reports in conjunction with the COP.
- Lead the project’s program of decision support and forest management tools development, and their institutionalization in the Indian forest service.
- Minimum of 10 years’ in a leadership role managing complex development programs and multi-disciplinary teams in South Asia, preferably with management responsibilities for a USAID-funded project;
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline is required (forestry, ecology, conservation, planning, natural resource governance or relevant natural, environmental or social sciences);
- Fluency in English and Hindi.
- Minimum of 10 years’ project experience working in one or more technical disciplines: forestry conservation; natural resources or environmental governance; community forestry; environmental land-use planning; and/or other relevant technical areas;
- Proven track record supporting multi-disciplinary development programs and teams, engaging effectively with stakeholders (multicultural and/or multi-country), fostering collaborative learning and adaptive management, and understanding and addressing the needs of the most vulnerable;
Strong familiarity with the policy, social, economic, environmental, and cultural context(s) in India, or strong experience in related forestry and natural resource management issues in South Asia;
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s ad posted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.