Chemonics seeks a deputy chief of party for the anticipated Feed the Future Rwanda Orora Wihaze Activity, funded by USAID. This five-year project aims to sustainably increase the availability, accessibility, and consumption of animal source food (ASF) through the development of a profitable market. The deputy chief of party will support the development of strong, inclusive private sector ASF value chains, including improvements to livestock productivity and ASF markets. In addition, the deputy chief of party will increase demand for ASF by designing and strengthening behavior change communication materials to promote ASF consumption, delivering relevant messages to diverse audiences at all stages of ASF production. Crosscutting objectives of this activity include empowering women, increasing youth employment, and engaging stakeholders in policy development. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in nutrition, food sciences, agriculture/agronomy, or related fields; master’s degree preferred
- At least 10 years of experience in agribusiness, nutrition, climate change, policymaking, or private sector development preferred
- In-depth knowledge of the local operating environment in Rwanda
- Experience designing or managing sustainable agricultural production system programs; familiarity with integrating agriculture research into project implementation and experience working to improve private and public agricultural extension systems preferred
- Experience as deputy chief of party or senior technical advisor for projects of similar complexity and value
- Experience working with international development agencies, governments of developing countries, and the private sector; USAID experience preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Ability to develop and communicate a common vision to partners with different backgrounds and lead multidisciplinary teams
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Proficiency in English and Kinyarwanda required; proficiency in French preferred
Please submit an electronic version of your CV, cover letter, and contact information by January 26, 2019, through this link: https://chemonicsesaf.formstack.com/forms/ororawihaze_recruit_copy_1_copy. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn about how we process your personal data. Please use the following link to access the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice: https://chemonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/EU-Recruiting-Data-Privacy-Notice-12.2018.pdf.