BASIC PURPOSE: The primary responsibility of the person in this position is to facilitate the proper receiving, processing, storing and shipping of disaster relief supplies and equipment to and from the UMCOR depot at UMCOR Sager Brown and train and assist volunteers in the proper processing of material resources.
- Ensure donated materials are ready for shipment as requested due to disaster.
- Maintain the depot facility and equipment in optimal working condition.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee the shipping, receiving, processing and storage of materials to respond to disasters as requested.
- Assist the Dir. of Depot Operations with daily tasks and organization of volunteers to meet daily goals.
- Maintain the depot facility and equipment in a clean, organized and functional condition. Perform minor maintenance as required and inform Dir. of Depot Operations of any major repairs or maintenance needs.
- Provide for daily mail runs to the post office to retrieve donations and regular mail.
- Assist with the organization of volunteers for the Food for Families outreach program.
- High school diploma.
- Knowledge of and/or ability to learn warehouse management, inventory control, proper handling of hazardous materials and safety regulations and procedures.
- Forklift operating license required.
- Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- 1-2 years’ experience using warehouse machinery and tools.
Learning Period: 6-9 months