DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results in about 80 countries. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
DAI seeks candidates for the Finance, Compliance, and Procurement Director position on the anticipated USAID-funded Sustainable Peri-urban Water and Sanitation Services program in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The program will use local and market compatible approaches, promote iterative learning to support sustainable delivery of WASH services, increase collective capacity of local governments, communities, civil society and other organizations to leverage private investments and test solutions from a menu designed to address key constraints to peri-urban water and sanitation service provision.
The Finance, Compliance, and Procurement Director position will play a pivotal role in overseeing adherence to DAI policy; USAID rules and regulations; contract requirements and limitations; financial and procurement policies and procedures; internal controls and operations reporting systems.
Location: Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo with frequent travel to the Kasai Region.
• Coordinate logistics, country clearance and other necessary authorizations for activities, including training, travel, and events;
• Oversee core project finances, including project accounting, budget management and cost control.
• Review scopes of work from a financial feasibility and compliance perspective, and support budget-related negotiations with potential clients.
• Review partner requests for payments and invoicing and project expense reports in coordination with home office support team to ensure compliance with DAI and project finance and accounting policies and procedures.
• Develop and maintain financial reports and other client reports (quarterly, annual, final etc).
• Maintain project pipeline and provide scenario forecasting, as requested by COP.
• Support project level monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities, including recommending cost-effective approaches and methods and ensuring timely and accurate tracking and reporting of program activities.
• Support personnel recruitment efforts, including drafting and posting scopes of work, interviewing, and onboarding/training new staff.
• Ensure project records are properly maintained; including project procurement, recruitment, and finance documentation; maintaining a rational, straightforward hierarchy in accordance with the project records map.
• Ensure project internal controls are established and implemented in accordance with the DAI USG Operations Manual, USAID rules/regulations and the terms of the contract. Establish additional project guidance or policy deviations for operations, as needed.
• Lead outreach efforts to USAID, including marketing trips, as needed.
• Lead and/or facilitate training for USAID staff, as directed by the COP.
• Minimum 5 years of experience working on large-scale USAID-funded development programming.
• Demonstrated experience in budget, operational, and project operations and process management.
• Proven experience organizing and implementing workshops and other events.
• Experience executing communications and stakeholder engagement strategies using a range of techniques.
• Outstanding communications, writing, negotiation, and personnel management skills.
• Ability to identify time sensitive demands & inquiries and respond effectively.
• Experience engaging effectively with USAID staff.
• Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls and audit processes (e.g. procurement, local subcontract agreements).
• Experience supervising staff.
• Outstanding team participation and team building skills that lead to highly effective and motivated staff.
• Fluent written and spoken English and French.
Please submit your CV’s to DRCWASH@DAI.com by June 30, 2019. Only finalists will be contacted.