The MESP activities will encompass the Mission’s Development Objectives:
- Strengthened responsive, democratic governance
- Sustainable and broadly shared economic growth
- Equitable improvements in health status
- Improved reading performance in primary school
SI is seeking a full-time Democracy and Governance (DG) Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist who will contribute to the implementation of DG MESP activities for this project. This position will be based in Accra, Ghana. The DG MEL Specialist will serve on a full-time basis throughout the five-year period of performance.
**Please note: Only candidates with Ghanaian citizenship will be considered.**
- Collaborate with the Senior Monitoring and Verification Lead to contribute to implementation of MEL activities.
- Participate in DG activity case studies, site visits to monitor DG activities, conduct DQAs, and provide other technical assistance for the DG Office and implementing partners.
- Provide timely inputs and quality deliverables.
- Design MEL processes, using a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods, increasingly focused on results of DG MESP activities.
- Conduct review of existing project- and activity-level MEL plans and recommend refinements to the mission’s DG MEL plan.
- Lead data collection and analysis efforts.
- Develop program recommendations based on qualitative and quantitative data.
- Develop dissemination plans for reporting and sharing findings with USAID.
- Help to support the integration of MEL into learning and continuous quality improvement efforts.
- Master’s degree and six years of relevant experience; OR Ph.D. and four years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in development of Democracy and Governance MEL activities including: MEL plans at the activity and project level, activity case studies, monitoring activities, Data Quality Assessments, as well as other MEL technical activities.
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience in USAID’s program cycle and evaluation policy.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations and implementing partners.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.