DDG Faciltator – Risk Education
[Basrah- Alfayhaa- Al Huta]
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
In 2003, following the start of foreign military operations in Iraq, DRC became one of the first organisations to provide humanitarian assistance in the country, and now operates in 11 governorates, including Anbar, Baghdad, Babel, Diyala, Duhok, Erbil, Karbala, Kirkuk, Najaf, Ninewa and Salah-al-Din.
About the job
The overall role of RE Facilitator is to provide basic RE sessions to communities in order to reduce IED/ERW related accidents.
- Provide RE sessions in affected communities, with main focus on IDPs and returnees;
- Function as interviewer during assessments of targeted communities;
- Function as data collector in targeted communities;
- Report on any new discovered ERW/IED related accidents, incidents, Suspected Hazardous Areas ( SHA) and Confirmed Hazardous Areas (CHA);
- Keep records of daily, weekly, monthly activities;
- Report progress daily to the Team Leader
- Establish and maintain Liaison with local authorities and community.
- Maintain a good discipline within the team and in compound.
- Be responsible for equipment and RE training materials condition and quantities designated for the team.
- Undertake any other tasks as assigned by the Line Manager.
The RE facilitator shall be prepared to undertake:
- Basic RE course;
- Any other relevant training planned by the DDG;
Reporting to: RE Team Leader
Experience and technical competencies:
- Experience from working with teaching/education/social work;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Prior experience from working with NGO would be an asset
- University degree, preferably in sociology/social sciences/teaching
- Arabic ( strong in both spoken and written)
- English preferable
- Local authorities
- Other Mine Action/humanitarian organizations
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: 7 months
Designation of Duty Station: Basrah- Alfayhaa- Al Huta
Start date: 16 Feb 2020
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 1-February-2020
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo