PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH and the Financial Planning and Analysis team (FP&A) is recruiting for a Data Visualization Specialist. This role will support the broader institution in its innovation journey. The Data Visualization Specialist will create and prepare a wide range of data visualization tools supporting institutional level financial reporting, budgeting, and forecasting. We are looking for a Data Visualization Specialist with a creative, intuitive and solutions driven mindset combined with a strong technical and business background. They should have a passion for conveying a wide range of information, including complex analytic findings, through polished and engaging reports and visuals. The Data Visualization Specialist will have a well-rounded background to balance the line between Finance, IT, and the business. The role will report to the Deputy Director of FP&A.
Data architecture and overall strategy
- Good understanding of PATH financial systems and data architecture.
- Good understanding of PATH strategy and broader programmatic activities.
- Act as an internal change agent through the use Tableau and other data visualization tools.
- Translate business needs into analytics/reporting requirements to support executive decisions.
- Partner with a broad range of stakeholders (Finance, Information Technology, Program teams) to identify key performance indicators and determine the data requirements for reporting requests.
- Develop business intelligence tools, dashboards and reports using Tableau.
- Transform data into actionable insights that drive business value.
- Identify trends and patterns that can help other departments, managers, and executives to make timely and well-informed business decisions.
- Understand the decision-making process, workflows, and business and information needs of functional heads.
- Develop dashboards, reports, briefs, commentary, and data visualizations used to communicate financial and business metrics to a broad audience (Executive, senior leaders, single contributors).
- Design and implement new data analysis methodologies.
- Review and validate the accuracy of data and metrics as they are collected. Escalate and manage data quality concerns as appropriate.
- Train and empower the broader FP&A team in developing their own dashboards and reports.
- Train internal stakeholders with the use of Tableau.