- Collaboration: Strengthened collaboration, both internally and with external stakeholders, enables USAID to better leverage expertise, learning and resources; and deepens local ownership.
- Learning: Systematic learning, through applied research, monitoring and evaluation, informs and improves the relevance, quality and cost- effectiveness of programs and operations
- Performing: Adaptive management of program implementation and meta-level interventions to improve the quality of USAID program outcomes.
- Review relevant IP documents, including previous DQA recommendations, annual work plans, Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plans (AMELPs), progress reports (e.g. quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports), and Performance Indicator Reference Sheets (PIRS). The review will pay attention to indicator definitions, data collection and data analysis of the PPR-related indicators
- Administer the MEL system assessment tool to better appreciate the flow of data along with roles and responsibilities of data collection, data cleaning, data aggregation, data storage and management, internal data quality control, data analysis, reporting, information sharing, and use/dissemination
- Review reported IP performance data for past reporting periods and follow up on the implementation of recommendations of past DQAs, where applicable
- Prepare DQA reports, (IP-specific reports and a consolidated DQA report that contains a summary report with findings, conclusions, and lessons learned), complete USAID standard data quality checklist for each assessed indicator including a DQA PowerPoint (PPT) presentation to be shared with USAID Uganda staff
- Review all activity documents relevant to the DQA, including previous DQAs reports, annual work plans, AMELPs, progress reports, and PIRS
- Assess IPs’ MEL systems, assess data collection and verification procedures, data aggregation, data storage and management, internal data quality control, data analysis, and reporting, information sharing
- Produce IP-specific DQA reports and complete the data quality checklists for each indicator assessed
- Advanced degree in a related field
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in evaluatios, with significant experience and expertise in conducting USAID DQA’s, and evaluations at large
- Significant expertise in role designing managing or executing evaluations, with preferably focus on DRG topics
- Demonstrable skills and experience in DRG, with specific USAID experience
- Must have demonstrated experience producing DQA checklists and high-quality reports and presentations on evaluations/assessments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
A submitted application to QED in response to a position on a bid or proposal, indicates your agreement to be included in our submission to the client at least on an illustrative named basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.