PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
In the framework of the implementation of the Lives and Livelihoods Fund-financed Malaria Prevention and Pre-Elimination Support Project, whose administration and financial management are ensured by the National Malaria Control Program (PNLP) coordination department; PATH have an agreement with PNLP to scale up case investigation in 25 districts in the northern and central regions.
PATH seeks to recruit a Data Officer to support the work of data collection and management of malaria case investigation activities in northern Senegal. The Data Officer will work closely with the Malaria Control and Elimination Partnership in Africa (MACEPA) and will be based at the level of region to provide close support to teams working at the district level.
- Support the case investigation activities in collaboration with the focal point.
- Coordination with the District Level Health Staff and Regional Level Health Staff.
- Organize DHIS2 rapid reporting data collection with the districts.
- Ensure data collection, completion, and quality of data of rapid reporting DHIS2.
- Participate in the training of districts on the use of DHIS2 and data analysis.
- Develop analysis reports (Excel, DHIS2, Tableau) and ensure management of malaria case investigation data in districts of responsibility.
- Develop new analysis reports based on the needs of the local users.
- Organize and conduct regular data verification and correction for Malaria Case Investigation at the site level in collaboration with focal point.
- Contribute to the implementation of the data quality assurance and data quality control system to guarantee the quality of the database by using DHIS2 in the various information processing phases (from collection to production of report in the most appropriate format to serve as a decision-making tool ).
- Organize and conduct continuous data quality audit.
- Coordinate and assist the implementation of the DHIS2 rapid reporting in all the health districts with the ECD and ECR.
- Provide support to the implementation of the case investigation.
- Participate in malaria district review if needed with the focal point.