Data Manager, Evaluate for Improved Impact, Zambia
MSI is a leader in monitoring and evaluation for development projects worldwide. We currently hold 13 support services contracts for monitoring, evaluation and research for 13 USAID missions and bureaus, 11 of which are in Africa, Asia, South Asia and the Middle East. We also provide consulting services in monitoring and evaluation for other US Government agencies, non-profits and private foundations. Our Strategic Management and Performance Improvement Practice Area works in all sectors and aspects of development work. We work as a collegium and our technical staff in both the home and field offices provide support, expertise and new ideas to each other so that we are able to deliver high quality services and products to our clients.
**Please note: Only Zambian citizens are eligible for this position.**
The Data Manager is responsible for providing information technology and systems design assistance regarding tasks specific to the Evaluate for Improved Impact project (EII) (e.g., program monitoring and evaluation, programming support for baseline, midline and endline surveys, analysis of survey data, publication or reports, transition to AIDTracker, special data analysis and display, etc.). This assistance will include the creation and maintenance of Health Management Information Systems (HMIS) and websites, assistance to project stakeholders for reporting and aggregation of indicator data, and support for transition to IP use of new online software to report performance results.
- Work with project staff and project stakeholders to ensure that ongoing M&E and strategic secondary data, including spatial data, are compiled in a database and made available to the Mission and implementing partners as required (e.g. geographic, demographic, household-level, and national economic indicator data from sector-specific surveys).
- Work with project staff and local contractors as required to program data collection tools for baseline, midline and endline surveys and any other periodic surveys required by the Mission.
- Design and carry out project staff and stakeholder training on AIDTracker Plus software and support Mission data entry requirements.
- Manage and manipulate data for results-based performance analysis and performance reports.
- Develop systems and support training programs for data quality assessment and geographic information collection and analysis.
- Develop custom maps and other data displays for USAID/Zambia Health Office and partners as required.
- Provide advisory and administrative support to USAID/Zambia Health Office IPs in collecting, analyzing and improving spatial data, particularly via the ArcGIS web platform.
- Advise IPs and USAID/Zambia Health Office on the application of GIS best practices to monitoring and evaluation systems, particularly through the M&E Community of Practice.
- Serve as the point of contact with GIS partners and stakeholders, including MOH and the Zambia Central Statistical Office.
- Assess, set up and manage all HMIS for the project office and USAID/Zambia’s Health Office IPs, as requested.
- Other tasks as required assigned by the Chief of Party.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Data Management or related field plus 5-7 years of experience.
- Strong HMIS design and management skills.
- Three years working in M&E applications for an international organization.
- Proven experience designing and using HMIS, including DHIS2.
- Demonstrated experience in GIS (strong knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS and ERDAS Imagine preferred).
- Knowledge and experience in monitoring and evaluation systems preferred.
- Experience successfully interacting with host government officials, USAID/Zambia Health Office and other relevant stakeholders.
- Excellent time management skills, interpersonal skills, and computer skills.
- Experience in HMIS and website design for USAID project applications preferred.