About Social Impact:
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits
SI is implementing the USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract. The scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and partners to implement more efficient, effective, and transparent programs by improving: (1) USAID and Implementing Partner (IP) capacity to achieve expected results; (2) USAID’s understanding and tracking of project performance; and (3) collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA).
**Please Note: These are local positions.
Only Vietnamese citizens are eligible to apply**
SI seeks the technical support of dynamic and innovative professionals interested in helping USAID, USAID-Learns and USAID-funded partners in Vietnam develop more efficient, user-friendly and strategic ways of managing data/information for monitoring and decision-making. Candidates should have an active interest in systems design and data-visualization and the ability to design processes, platforms and systems catered to the needs and profiles of the specific users/projects. Candidates should have a minimal level of experience with commonly used data-management tools/platforms/dashboards (such as Microsoft ACCESS, Excel, Power Query and Power BI, and GIS). Basic analytical / systems thinking skills will be tested (through screening tests) allowing less experienced but skilled and motivated candidates to build their experience on the job.
These positions are part-time consultant positions wherein consultants will engage in on-demand tasks/projects relevant to their specific skillsets (see more details below).
(*) This position is currently slated as a part-time position but could become a full-time position, depending on the demand.
Depending on demand and the profile of each consultant, the selected officers will be expected to, either:
- design new and improved data management and visualization tools, based on the stated or tacit needs of prime users,
- support the day-to-day maintenance of USAID’s management information system (DIS),
- build the capacity of partners to design/build their own information management/data visualization tools through in-person capacity building or more standard trainings,
- provide or support data-visualizations, or other visually compelling information summaries to facilitate data-quality assurance, monitoring, learning, and management decision-making,
- provide on-demand Geographic Information Systems (GIS) services (optional),
Overall, officers should aim to support continuously improved knowledge management and decision-making practices of USAID/Vietnam and its partners. He/she should always aim to foster strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and serve as a (co-)convener for dialogue and learning around data and emerging evidence.
- Familiarity with some of the following data-management and/or data-visualization tools: Microsoft ACCESS, Power Query, Power BI, and Excel .
- Ability to synthesize user data-management needs, based on document reviews, observations and interviews, and design/adapt systems accordingly (skills will be demonstrated through a test-based selection process).
- Ability to effectively work with a wide variety of actors
- Critical thinking mindset, proven capacity to take initiative and willingness to learn new skills
- Undergraduate degree or higher in any disciplines, preferably data sciences, development studies and related fields
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken Vietnamese.
- Strong written and spoken English.
- Proficiency in the following data-management and/or data-visualization tools: Microsoft ACCESS, Power Query, Power BI, Excel and GIS .
- Experience conducting training with experience-based learning techniques (demonstrated through the interview-based selection process)
- Experience in training, facilitation, or capacity-building.
- Experience with USAID-funded projects.
- Knowledge of ‘Agile Methods’
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
The closing date for application: June 30, 2021 Selection, tests and interviews will be performed on a rolling-basis and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To apply, please merge both your CV and a cover letter (one-page briefly outlining your qualifications, motivations for applying) into one pdf file and submit it through the online portal. Pl ease note that any short-listed candidates will be required to take a test and perhaps also facilitate a demo-presentation as part of the interview process.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: 31T http://www.socialimpact.com 31T
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.