Data Analyst, Gender Analysis of MSP/KP, Performance
Management Support Contract (PERFORM), Pakistan
In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract to Management Systems International (MSI) to provide performance management support to USAID-sponsored development programs throughout Pakistan. The Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM) serves as a centralized management support mechanism that provides services in (1) monitoring, (2) evaluation, (3) assessment, and (4) learning support. PERFORM provides data and information to help USAID/Pakistan project managers improve results through better implementation, design, and learning, enabling it to better target its programming and achieve its goals and objectives.
**Please note: Only Pakistani citizens are eligible for this position.**
MSI is seeking two (2) qualified Data Analysts for a gender analysis of the USAID-funded Municipal Services Program in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (MSP/KP). The program supports the government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to address issues related to drinking water supply, sanitation, and solid waste management infrastructure and governance. The program encourages citizens, especially women, to engage in community level decision-making about drinking water, sanitation, and solid waste management. The analysis will identify obstacles to gender equality in program implementation and provide recommendations on how to overcome these obstacles. The analysis will be used to guide program managers on how, if at all, the project design could be adjusted and enhanced to assure a more equitable and sustainable impact for both men and women.
This assignment will run for approximately 10 weeks from December 2016 to February 2017, including fieldwork and data analysis in Pakistan. The anticipated level of effort for the Data Analyst is 30 days.
Under the direction of the MSI staff, the Data Analyst will participate in the following aspects of the evaluation including:
- Reviewing relevant documents and participating in discussions with the team to understand the scope and objectives of the evaluation.
- Under the supervision of the assignment manager and/or sector specialists, conduct the document review and carry out field activities as per the data collection plan.
- Participate in data analysis (quantitative and qualitative) and de-brief sessions with the evaluation team.
- Undertake other relevant tasks required for the successful completion of the assignment as assigned by the assignment manager.
- At least a Master’s degree in gender studies, social sciences, or a related field.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in qualitative data collection and quantitative data analysis.
- Experience using qualitative software such as NVivo or MaxQDA.
- Excellent writing skills in English with proficiency to take group interview notes.
- Excellent analytical and personal communication skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.