Data Analyst will have the following specific responsibilities and will provide the following deliverables:
· Based on the available data, perform a statistical analysis and produce maps of the election results, taking into account voter turnout, gender and other breakdowns are required.
· Based on the available data, perform a statistical analysis and produce maps of electoral complaints, taking into account their geographical composition, type and impact on the election results.
· Based on the available data, perform a statistical analysis and produce maps of electoral incidents and complaints, taking into account their geographical composition, type and impact on the election results.
· Before deployment to Iraq develop a schedule and methodology for briefing and trainings to support the IHEC in developing statistical tools for election results analysis and introduce some forensics methods to detect electoral irregularities.
· Upon deployment to Iraq, conduct the above mentioned briefings and trainings.
· Provide statistical assistance in conducting election lessons learned exercise.
· Write a final report on the assignment including recommendations for the IHEC.
· Minimum of ten years of relevant work experience directly related to data analyzing and specifically in elections;
· Bachelors degree or equivalent in relevant discipline; Masters preferred.
· Experience in providing specialized technical assistance, capacity building, and training to election stakeholders;
· Ability to identify creative, practical approaches to overcome challenging situations.
· Demonstrated understanding of the issues and challenges of the existing electoral system in Iraq;
· Familiarity with political, economic, and social issues in Iraq and/or the MENA region;
· Written and spoken English language skills is required;
· Ability to manage and develop strong local relationships;
· Experience in working with USAID-funded programs is a plus.
Successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
· Team player with excellent interpersonal/representational skills;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
· Ability to builds strong relationship with counterparts, focusing on impact and results;
· Ability to lead effectively, mentoring as well as conflict resolution skills;
· Proven networking, team-building, organizational, and communication skills;
· Capacity to work under pressure, manage stress and adapt to rapidly evolving situations;
· Sound time management and organized skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks;
· Ability to work in a multicultural environment with sound understanding and capability to empower and develop the capacity of national counterparts;
· Proven management experience with sound knowledge and experience in all aspects of project cycle;
· Flexibility and willingness to live and work in hazardous conditions.