The selected consultant will train and enhance the leadership, political organizing, and networking skills of emerging young women political leaders in the Mano River region.
The purpose of this consultancy is to support curriculum development and conduct training workshops for an “Emerging Women’s Political Leadership Academy” for young, politically active women in the Mano River region (Côte d’Ivoire, Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone) between November 2019 and August 2020. The consultant will develop the program’s curriculum and facilitating training sessions periodically throughout the life of the project.
- Develop the curriculum for a five-day leadership boot camp and series of four advanced training modules focused on developing advanced skills in topical areas including communication; policy development and advocacy; mobilization, recruitment and voter outreach; and fundraising, budgeting, and resource development
- Provide guidance and advice on monitoring and evaluation processes to measure program impact, results and high-quality data collection, analysis, and reporting
- Following each training/workshop, provide a narrative written report of the activities conducted, thoughts on the impact of the activities, key constraints/challenges faced, as well as recommendations to improve participants’ political capacity
- In collaboration with NDI’s Central and West Africa (CEWA) team, develop a schedule for the Bootcamp and training modules
- Coordinate, organize, facilitate, and lead Bootcamp training as well as other select advanced training modules throughout the life of the project
- Liaise between the NDI CEWA DC Team, the Mano River Union, and in-country offices/focal points in Cote d’Ivoire, Guinea, Sierra Leone, and Liberia
The exact term of consultancy will be determined upon signature of the contract. The start date is November 1, 2019, and the end date must be on or before September 30, 2020.
Please note that the successful individual or team must have a strong level of expertise in delivering training sessions and developing training materials on political campaigns, electoral process, leadership skills, and women’s empowerment. The consultant must be highly proficient in both English and French.
The deadline for submitting your documents is October 24, 2019
NDI is a nonpartisan, nongovernmental organization that responds to the worldwide quest for popular civic participation, open and competitive political systems, and representative and accountable government. Since its founding in 1983, NDI and its local partners have worked to establish and strengthen democratic institutions and practices by building political and civic organizations, safeguarding elections and promoting citizen participation, openness and accountability in government.