Position Title: CTC Administrative Coordinator
Reports to: Operations or Higher Education Manager
Location: Remote, Massachusetts
Position Type: Full-time, Temporary
The current COVID-19 pandemic exceeds the existing Massachusetts Department of Public Health and Local Boards of Health ability to perform contact tracing. As a result, many people are unaware that they are a contact of a person with COVID-19. Contacts may have asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic COVID-19 and can unwittingly spread the virus in the community. To break the chain of transmission, contact tracing and isolation must be scaled-up rapidly.
To support the Department of Public Health (DPH), Partners In Health (PIH) has hired, trained and supervises a large team of community contact tracing staff across Massachusetts. The aim of this is to call every person diagnosed with COVID-19, gather their contacts, and proceed to call every contact in Massachusetts. In tandem with Commonwealth-wide effort to increase testing and improving communication and implementation of isolation and quarantine this will fortify efforts to control the pandemic in Massachusetts.
The Community Tracing Collaborative (CTC) Admin Coordinator will join a fast paced and dynamic team to support the CTC Managers -Operations and Higher Education – as well as the Supervisors for their respective teams. The CTC Admin Coordinator will assist in various capacities including administration and overall team support. This role will require meticulous attention to detail, diplomacy, confidentiality, resourcefulness and flexibility.
- Provide calendar management and email screening support for Managers
- Communicate with participants; schedule, and confirm conference lines for all related meetings, including external requests.
- Serve as a resource for other teams who need to interface with their assigned team.
- Monitor and track projects and tasks, ensuring attention to time-sensitive issues and longer-term initiatives, providing succinct background information when needed.
- Disseminate decisions made and facilitate implementation to stakeholders.
- Provide general administrative support for the Managers and other team members as needed.
- Prepare and edit correspondence, reports, spreadsheets, presentations and other documents.
- Prepare thorough briefings and provide relevant documents for meetings when needed, including minutes.
- Prepare materials for speaking engagements.
- Assist with special projects, as needed.
- Support recruitment and onboarding of project staff, in collaboration with Human Resources team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; background/interest in social science, area studies or public health preferred
- Professional experience providing administrative support in fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively work on a team in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and take initiative; must be a quick learner, able to multi-task and easily adapt to changing circumstances
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills; enthusiasm for writing required
- Advanced organizational skills and capacity to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Computer skills in word processing, database and spreadsheet programs; proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills required and ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals in distress
- Ability to show empathy to distressed individuals
- Demonstrated maturity and judgment; must maintain confidentiality
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- Critical thinking and sound judgment required
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Proficiency with computers
- Possess a passion for social justice
- Possess a desire to contribute to global health initiatives
- Must have access to good/reliable Wi-Fi
- Technology requirements: PC with Windows 10, Antivirus Protection: Windows Defender and Windows Firewall; or Mac with Apple OS X 10.13, Antivirus Protection: Sophos; and personal mobile device to use for this job. A headset is preferred.
- Massachusetts resident and familiarity with Massachusetts’ geography, cities/towns/locations preferred.
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Kazakhstan, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
Partners In Health (PIH) is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of PIH not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. PIH works in and with a number of governments in and outside the U.S., and to the extent applicable, this statement is intended to incorporate the prohibition of any unlawful discrimination covered by applicable laws in such countries, states and municipalities.