Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Crime Prevention Team Lead position on a USAID funded program in Jamaica.
The Community Violence Prevention (CVP) activity in Jamaica aims to support communities, parents and families to prevent youth violence and develop pathway programs for youth at risk of violence. It intends to achieve this by working with communities and strengthening the ability and authority of targeted families to maintain discipline and reinforce prosocial conduct among their children and supporting desistance programs that will keep youth out of violent and criminal lifestyles. This will be a long-term position, for 5 years, under the direction of the COP, based in Kingston, Jamaica.
* Leads technical implementation of activities to achieve expected results.
* Builds consensus for project activities;
* Builds relationships with private sector, CSO’s, and GOJ counterparts;
* Ensures institutional strengthening for implementing innovative crime & violence prevention initiatives;
* Develops creative strategies for reaching at-risk youth;
* Engages and strengthens the ability and authority of parents;
* Relevant Master’s degree and at least 10 years’ experience or a relevant Bachelor’s degree with more than 10 years’ experience. Proven experience working in dynamic inner-city communities and possession of an understanding of the socio-cultural issues and nuances of working in such communities.
* Experience working with youth crime prevention, rule of law, and youth development.
* Experience working with citizen security initiatives, community-based organizations, and NGOs in a participatory approach.
* Proficiency in addressing factors that maximize gender and social inclusion.
* Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
* Jamaican nationals strongly encouraged to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.