We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Assignment Title: COVID-19 Response – Local public health sector expert
Technical Point of Contact: Deputy Chief of Party
Overview: USAID/Tunisia has requested that IBTCI’s Monitoring and Evaluation for Tunisia and Libya (METAL) project conduct a final evaluation of USAID/Tunisia’s $7,050,000 COVID-19 program response.
The program has multiple components. Through a $500,000 USAID grant to UNICEF/Tunisia, the grant will reach approximately 100 facilities and more than 6,000 people with critical hygiene and sanitation equipment and supplies. In addition, through a $6 million award to UNICEF, USAID will focus on community engagement to raise awareness of COVID-19, and continue provision of essential supplies and equipment to improve hygiene and support frontline health workers. The first activity under the grant is a nationwide communication campaign aligned with border re-openings and designed to raise awareness among Tunisians and tourists about the risks of COVID-19 and the need to adopt measures to prevent a second wave. USAID is also working with the UN Office for Project Services to improve the nation’s ability to manage clinical COVID-19 cases by providing critical resuscitation, infection prevention, and dialysis equipment to key hospitals.
The United States Government has also committed $550,000 (approximately 1.7 million dinars) to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in Tunisia from the Emergency Reserve Fund for Contagious Infectious Diseases to the World Health Organization (WHO) to support key program areas identified by the Government of Tunisia and WHO.
In addition, COVID program funds have been provided to three ongoing USAID/Tunisia Activities: TADEEM, FIRST, and JOBS. The funds are to be used by TADEEM to provide supplies and medical equipment to municipal staff; by FIRST to enable Ministry of Finance staff to operate remotely and assist with modeling and forecasting of the economic and fiscal effects of COVID-19; and by JOBS to provide grants to SMEs to allow them to continue producing essential goods and services during the pandemic and protect their staff.
This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients, unless explicitly authorized by the METAL COR. In addition, this position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on the final work product.
Scope of Work:
The timing of the assignment will be determined by USAID/Tunisia, and total LOE will be approximately 40 days. Tasks could include but not be limited to:
- Provide technical expertise on the Tunisian public and private health sector;
- Contribute to the evaluation design and development of data collection tools, facilitate and conduct interviews with key government and private sector stakeholders, analyze evaluation data, and assist in the development of the preliminary findings presentation and drafting of evaluation report;
- Provide insights on the Tunisian public and private health sector throughout the evaluation as an integral member of the evaluation team.
- Serve in the above consultant capacity to support the IBTCI technical practices of Crisis, Conflict & Governance, Agriculture & Food Security & Economic, Education & Growth and Global Health and/or Business Development divisions.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
• Master’s Degree with 10 years of relevant work experience;
• Strong knowledge of Tunisian public and private sector health sector;
• Experience participating in donor funded public sector health projects or serving as a technical expert on such projects;
• Strong analytical and English language verbal and written communication skills.
Education: Master’s degree required in Public Health, relevant social science or other related field.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience participating in USAID evaluations of public health projects;
- Knowledge of government and donor funded efforts to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in Tunisia;
- Understanding of the challenges facing Tunisia to control the spread of COVID-19 and vaccinate a large segment of the adult population;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and ability to serve as a collaborative and productive member of an evaluation team.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile or conflict prone zones.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).