Chemonics seeks a COVAX and MIS Director for the ongoing USAID’s Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management project (GHSC-PSM) in Angola. The project aims to be the primary vehicle through which USAID will 1) procure and provide health commodities, 2) provide technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain, and 3) collaborate with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives.
The COVAX and MIS director will assist the country director and team in providing strategic supply chain support to the Ministry of Health on the national COVID-19 response and other information management programs alongside other implementing partners. The COVAX and MIS director will focus on strategic program information management, electronic logistics management information system & ongoing digital interventions, and the national COVID-19 response. We are looking for candidates who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Collaborate with PSM country director and project team to ensure that MIS and M&E activities and management are implemented as per USG guidance and Chemonics Mission, values, policies and standard operating procedures,
- Provide leadership in the implementation of project digital intervention and electronic logistics management information system to inform meaningful generation and use of health supply chain data for decision making at the leadership level of the Ministry of Health, USAID Mission and implementing partners through appropriate interpretations that will guide health service level decisions.
- Provide technical support for continued utility support and maintenance of project’s platforms including eLMIS across implemented sites per workplan outcomes
- Provide support on eLMIS system expansion/review to incorporate COVAX related data and facilitate interoperability with other digital platforms
- Provide oversight for the phased implementation of the medicinal product registration procedure in ARMED (DNME) on digitalized databases to enable the system to achieve the MoH objectives
- Provide inputs to work plans, reports, budgets and updates to the donor and stakeholders
- Pending final workplan approval, provide technical support on the GF and implement project activities on the C19RM supplementary funding
- Coordinate and manage the procurement and installation of a WMS at the national central warehouse to extend accountability for the commodities under its control
- Provide leadership in the monitoring and management of the GHSC-PSM Angola key supply chain data performance measures along with refinement and establishment of periodic performance goals as may be required to achieve the programmatic targets.
- Coordinate project M&E team effort on supply chain data collection, validation, analytics and reporting activities that ensure an adequate level of data visibility for decision-making and the proper use of data to replenish commodities at health facilities according to their needs
- Ensure timely submission of required periodic data reports are shared with relevant Ministry of Health national program directorates and the program management divisions at the mission
- Supervise the work of and mentor the GHSC-PSM Angola COVAX, M&E, SIGLOFA (eLMIS), and digital implementation teams
- Work with other technical and operational staff to
- Ensure field office adherence for legal compliance, risk management, and insurance
- Participate in relevant meetings with local counterparts, partners and the donor
- Perform other tasks as required by the country director
- Advanced degree in public health, business, management or another relevant field
- Minimum of five years, experience managing or implementing complex health or development programs or projects in developing countries on a similar scale. Significant programmatic, MIS and supply chain data management experience strongly preferred.
- Preferred experience supervising a team or teams, including locally hired personnel; demonstrated experience providing relevant capacity building and training to staff
- Technical and practical experience in the implementation and management of LMIS and WMS systems including strong analytical skills to carry out reviews of existing training processes.
- Experience in creating and developing country rollout plans for MIS systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Portuguese, with the ability to clearly and concisely express ideas and concepts convincingly in written and oral form.
- Experience working in Angola or Portuguese speaking environment an advantage
- Strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills demonstrated by ability to work both independently and within a team, assess priorities, and manage a variety of activities with attention to detail; experience mentoring and supervising staff at all levels within the organization.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, writing skills, and oral presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership, integrity and ability to coordinate teams, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills; ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients, and consultants
- Fluency in English and Portuguese required.
Location of Assignment:
This long-term position will be based in Luanda, Angola. Applicants should be willing and able to travel to Luanda for up to 12-months.
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and COVAX and MIS Director in the subject line to to email@example.com and AngolaPSMPMU@ghsc-psm.org by 5pm EST Friday, April 8, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.