The total salary package for this position is £33,384 – £36,972 GBP including basic salary and cost of living allowance.
About the Peru Programme
This is a new project subject to funding and a successful bid, but looking to start from October 1 2017 onwards, the project will be delivering Physical Security and Stockpile Management activities in support of improved regional security and stability.
About the role:
The role would be based in Lima with travel to Pisco and potentially other Departments in Northern Peru. MAG is seeking expressions of interest from fluent Spanish and English speaking candidates to manage our new programme in Peru. The Country Representative will be responsible for ensuring that all project objectives are met, which will include overseeing the day to day management and support of the country team. With support from the Regional Director, the Country Representative will also oversee setting up all aspects of in-country registration including financial, administrative, security, HR and logistics elements of the project. As part of this a key element of the role will be successful liaison with local authorities, and the donor representative.
Previous experience in Mine Action is not required but you should have previous experience in overseas project management roles, within an international aid/humanitarian organisation. You will also need experience across the range of project management functions, including experience of managing national staff and the ability to motivate a team. Fluent Spanish and English language skills are essential for this post.
MAG staff are rewarded with generous benefits:
• Salary: The total salary package for this position is £33,384 – £36,972 GBP *Please see the general information for full terms and conditions related to this.
• Accommodation: MAG will provide accommodation in-country.
• Leave: We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate time out to stay motivated. You will have a minimum of six weeks out of the programme per year or pro rata if the contract is less than a year.
• Flights: MAG provides three international flights home per year (for permanent contracts)/ MAG provides three international flights home per year pro rata if your contract is less than a year (for fixed-term contracts).
• Insurance: All international staff are automatically covered by MAG’s comprehensive insurance package including: Personal accident and medical expenses insurance; Death by natural causes insurance and access to 24-hour medical assistance including evacuation and repatriation.
How to Apply
For further information about this opportunity, as well as the application form, please download the candidate information pack, below:
Please return your CV and application support form to email@example.com as soon as possible, applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the vacancy removed once filled. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are not able to respond to every application. If you have not heard back from us within 3 weeks of applying, it means that your application has not been successful.