Job Title: Country Representative, Niger
Based in: Niamey, Niger
Reports to: VP Global Operations, Africa
Department: Global Operations, Africa
Who we are
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 5,000 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 40 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using it’s global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
PSI Niger is a dynamic platform implementing cutting edge malaria and reproductive health programs. In reproductive health, PSI plays a key role in expanding access to and quality of family planning and post abortion care. PSI works to increase access to services for youth, a growing population. PSI also implements large scale malaria programming, helping to both prevent and treat malaria. Niger is a complex security environment, and the successful candidate will be adept and flexible in the face of operational and security challenges to ensure that care continues to be delivered to the last mile.
- Responsible for the overall management and achievement of objectives for their designated PSI country platform. Focus on managing overall strategic alignment, program portfolio performance, risk mitigation and donor compliance across funders and health areas. Lead the network member Senior Management Team and reports to either a VP, Global Operations or Regional Representative.
- Ensure compliance of all activities (i.e. financial, minimum standards, program quality assurance, donor regulations) and that all audit recommendations are implemented according to schedule. Proactively perform risk assessments to identify and mitigate risks, including operational, financial, legal, contractual, reputational and safety and ensure mitigation actions are implemented.
- Oversee program budgets, financial and internal controls; assure timely and accurate financial reporting as required by PSI/Washington and donors.
- Fundraise for existing and new activities and expansion of the health program’s portfolio.
- Maintain and foster strong external relations with strategic partners such as government, development partners, implementing partners and UN agencies, among others.
- Develop and enforce field office administrative policies. Promote an ethical environment in line with PSI’s values. Maintain a working culture that fosters diversity, equity and inclusion. Develop and maintain systems that ensure the safety and security of staff and assets in all aspects of work per best practices, PSI operating standards, and field realities.
- Support malaria and sexual and reproductive health programs, including access to quality family planning methods and post-abortion care.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree (or international equivalent) in a related field required.
- Master’s Degree (or international equivalent) in a related field (i.e. MBA, MPA, MPH) preferred.
- At least 10 years of related experience managing budgets and international public health programs required.
- At least 5 years of experience managing people required.
- Demonstrated work experience in similar operating environments.
- Demonstrated experience in government and donor relations and collaboration.
- Demonstrated fundraising experience.
- Fluency in English and French with excellent writing skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and passion for building technical.
References will be required.
The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt.
Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com or call (202)785-0072.