The Finance Officer is responsible for implementation and supporting the Finance department of m2m Uganda in all aspects of the financial transactions processes related to Cost share of WEI-Better Outcomes Project at m2m Uganda. He/she will support the Country Finance Manager in implementing a complete cycle of Finance operations in regard to Cost share.
He/she will be responsible for technical aspects of identifying cost share activities, processing financial data/ transactions related to cost share, and producing monthly cost share reports for WEI-Better Outcomes Project.
Key Performance Areas:
Key Performance Areas:
1.Provide Cost share financial and accounting services to staff and management of the WEI-Bantwana Better outcomes project operations
- Identify Cost share aspects/ Activities during the budgeting/ re-budgeting process and have them captured accordingly.
- Work closely with the programs team on the Better outcomes for children and youth project to identify aspects or activities that qualify as cost share during implementation and cost them for reporting.
- Capture the related information cost share in the serenic Navigator system, track and ensure proper coding of the same.
- Provide financial assistance to the Country Finance Manager, including taking part in the preparation and monitoring of Project budgets especially the cost share .
- 2.Ensure Financial Integrity of the Project Operations
- Implement and maintain accounting and financial internal control systems while preparing transactions in line of his/ her duties.
- Manage the financial and compliance aspects of donors and ensure that expenses are incurred consistent with grant agreements and contracts while preparing transactions and recording.
- Take active participation in the monthly closing of accounts to ensure reconciliation of all accounts related to his/ her role.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of financial data to the Country Finance Manager as and when is needed as per set schedules and timelines.
- Provide support during WEI-Bantwana Financial reviews, internal and external audit and ensure that all documents are well filed and labelled for easy access to minimise audit queries.
- Take initiative on cutting costs without compromising quality while executing his/ her duties
3.Day to Day Assistance to the Country Finance Manager in running of m2m Uganda Finance function.
- Arrange transaction documents in a well laid down filing system to enable users to easily locate documents, these would include payment vouchers, journals, reports, etc
- Ensure approved claims are processed on time within the laid down transaction processing time lines especially travel advances, work advances and payments to vendors.
- Provide personal / career development support and training to other team members on finance operations especially during orienting of new program staff, Field Non Finance staff or any other category as may be required.
- Any other duties or activity as and when may be deemed necessary by the Country Finance Manager or the Country Director that contributes to the smooth running and development of m2m Uganda and the organisation at large.