The Country Finance Manager is responsible for the full finance function in Tanzania. This includes implementation and monitoring of all aspects of the financial transactions and administrative process related to Tanzania including financial management functions i.e. management reporting, financial data analysis, donor reporting, etc. The Country Finance Manager will provide support to the in-Country team to ensure proper resource allocation to implement the activities in-Country.
The Country Finance Manager reports directly the Senior Capacity Building Advisor and provides direct technical and financial support to Tanzania.
Key Performance Areas
Maintaining strong finance function in Tanzania
- Setting up financial system including establishment of treasury;
- Setting up of internal controls;
- Maintaining m2m finance policies and procedures;
- Build capacity on m2m policies, procedures, procurement and accounting software;
- Assist the Head Office Finance department with setting up in-country bank accounts
- Owning the Tanzania country budget.
- Preparing proposal budgets for new opportunities.
- Review the work activities of direct reporting lines, ensuring that functions are performed accurately and efficiently.
Provide financial and accounting management and direction to the Country Office operations
- Provide financial management support to the Country Lead and country management team and liaise with Head Office;
- Provide financial management advice and assistance to the Country Lead, including assistance in the preparation and monitoring of organisational budgets;
- Manage the accounting processing and related work processes related to Country Office transactions; and
- Track the cash receipts and disbursements at a project level and provide financial advice to project leads in terms of project spending and planning.
Ensure the Financial Integrity of the Operation is maintained.
- Implement and maintain accounting and financial internal control systems in order to provide appropriate level of security over the organisations resources and operations;
- Review and update financial policies and procedures in line with Head Office policies and Procedures;
- Manage the financial and compliance aspects of donors and ensure that expenses are incurred consistent with grant agreements and contracts;
- Manage the monthly closing of accounts and ensure reconciliation of all accounts;
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of financial data, reports, Financial narrative and variance analysis when necessary to Head Office Finance units;
- Monitor cash flow through preparation of cash budgets and funding requests to ensure that sufficient cash is always available to meet operational needs;
- Provide support during internal and external audit and ensure that appropriate measures are taken to address audit findings and recommendations;
- Support the Country Lead to ensure compliance with all statutory regulations and filings are adhered to; and
- Take initiative on cutting costs without compromising quality.
Provide Financial Management services to the Country Office operations through maintaining and managing budgets and financial reporting function
- Prepare and maintain the Country Office annual budgets;
- Prepare monthly financial reporting to the Country Lead and Project Directors/Coordinators;
- Prepare quarterly pipeline reports and financial analysis;
- Provide ad hoc reporting requirements as needed.
- Oversee and liaise with Finance and Administration Officers on procurement, logistics, travel, and program activity preparation, organization and management.
- Ensure integrity of procurement procedures and full documentation.
- Manage project contracting with HO, including procurement contracts or purchase orders for goods and services, service agreements, consultant agreements etc. as applicable.