The Country Director (CD) will strategically lead the development and implementation of the mothers2mothers (m2m) programme in Equatorial Guinea with the support of a multi-disciplinary in-country team, ensuring alignment to the m2m strategic plan and organisational direction. To ensure quality programming and organisational success, the CD will draw on resources from the Head Office departments of finance, human resources, communications, business development, operations, programmes and technical support. As Project Director, the CD is responsible for the technical and operational success of m2m’s project in EG. This position reports to the Senior Portfolio Lead, Country Management Unit.
Key Performance Areas:
Leadership and Management of m2m Equatorial Guinea
- Lead the development, implementation and review of country strategy and operational plans, including annual workplan and budget, aligned to the organisation’s strategic plan.
- Facilitate the employment, development, and performance management of in-country staff, with the support of EG senior management team, improving organizational, team, and individual performance while promoting teamwork and the values, mission, vision and culture of m2m at all levels.
- Build, maintain and manage effective and efficient organisational operating systems to support programme service delivery such as finance, administration, IT, and HR. Ensure the sound development, implementation and ongoing evaluation of all country-level operating systems, policies and procedures.
- Ensure the effective use of financial resources at all levels (including the utilisation of budget tracking, expenditure analysis, and forecasting) to support programme service delivery, holding fiduciary responsibility for the m2m EG entity.
- Ensure the timely submission of high quality donor reports, record-keeping, and compliance to all relevant donor requirements.
- Hold responsibility for corporate governance for m2m EG, ensuring compliance with all legal requirements.
Stakeholder Relations and Engagement
- Represent m2m with international, national, and regional stakeholders, partners, government, and donors in promotion of the organisation’s strategic objectives, ensuring smooth operation of m2m’s programme and active involvement in key national processes. Manage relationships with donors and serve as the liaison to senior leaders in partner organisations.
- Build partnerships and generate financial commitments to sustain and expand m2m’s programming in EG in line with organisational objectives and identified needs, including leadership for proposal development. Identify and liaise with m2m business development staff to respond to opportunities.
- Manage relationships with donors and serve as the liaison to senior leaders in partner organisations.
- Manage project Steering and Advisory Committees
- Lead the design, implementation, and expansion of m2m programme activities in EG, including strategic innovations related to scaling up of geographical and technical scope, aligned to donor, MOH, and m2m priorities.
- Manage ongoing expansion of current m2m programming and oversee quality implementation of existing programme services through programmatic assessment and evaluation.