The Country Director (CD) will strategically lead the development and implementation of the mothers2mothers (m2m) programme in Lesotho, and lead a multi-disciplinary country team, ensuring alignment to the m2m strategic plan and organisational direction. To ensure quality programming and organisational success, the CD will draw on resources from the Head Office departments of finance, human resources, communications, business development, operations, programmes and technical support. The position is based in Maseru, Lesotho and reports to the Senior Portfolio Lead.
Key Peformance Areas:
Leadership and Management of m2m Lesotho
- Lead the development, implementation and review of country strategy and operational plans, including annual workplan and budget, aligned to the organisation’s strategic plan.
- Facilitate the employment, development, and performance management of in-country staff, improving organizational, team, and individual performance while promoting teamwork and the values, mission, vision and culture of m2m at all levels.
- Build, maintain and manage effective and efficient organisational operating systems to support programme service delivery such as finance, administration, IT, and HR. Ensure the sound development, implementation and ongoing evaluation of all country-level operating systems, policies and procedures.
- Ensure the effective use of financial resources at all levels (including the utilisation of budget tracking, expenditure analysis, and forecasting) to support programme service delivery, holding fiduciary responsibility for the m2m Lesotho entity.
Stakeholder Relations and Engagement
- Represent m2m with international, national, and regional stakeholders, partners, government, and donors in promotion of the organisation’s strategic objectives, ensuring smooth operation of m2m’s programme and active involvement in key national processes.
- Build partnerships and generate financial commitments to sustain and expand m2m’s programming in Lesotho in line with organisational objectives and identified needs, including leadership for proposal development.
- Provide country intelligence and insight to resource mobilization team to inform planning and proposal development led by head office.
- Ensure close working relationships with MOH and partner organizations to ensure harmonized efforts and coordination of project activities.
- Lead the design, implementation, and expansion of m2m programme activities in Lesotho, including strategic innovations related to scaling up of geographical and technical scope, aligned to donor, MOH, and m2m priorities.
- Manage ongoing expansion of current m2m programming and oversee quality implementation of existing programme services through programmatic assessment and evaluation.
- Continually improve programme quality through the promotion of data utilization at all levels and implementation of processes for programmatic assessment, evaluation and innovation
- Engage head office technical and M&E staff to provide technical oversight and guidance into project implementation
- Conduct supportive supervision as required to monitor site-level service delivery; support site-level QI processes as needed. Oversee preparations and follow-ups from PEPFAR SIMS visits.
- Ensure the timely submission of high quality donor reports, record-keeping, and compliance to all relevant donor requirements.
- Hold responsibility for corporate governance for m2m Lesotho, ensuring compliance with all legal requirements.