Main purpose of role:
The primary focus of the role is to ensure that the corporate recruitment process is managed in line with DAI values and current best practice with positions successfully filled in a timely manner. Other key responsibilities include management of the onboarding process through to completion of probationary period, responsibility for contracting of permanent staff.
Key tasks, duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and lead complex recruitment assignments that require creative application of knowledge to specific recruitment challenges across business units.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers and build strong relationships with Hiring Managers and external service providers in line with DAI’s internal processes and policies.
- Facilitate decision-making by hiring managers in order to meet hiring deadlines.
- Work with hiring managers to determine requirements and complete necessary documentation.
- Source appropriate candidates through internal and external networks, Taleo and social media and, where appropriate, liaise with recruitment consultancy.
- Follow standardised processes to screen and select the best candidates, ensuring compliance with all governmental and client employment specifications.
- Administration – receipt, logging and responding to applications; organising interview panel and arranging interviews and assessments.
- Participate in all corporate interviews with support, as necessary, from the Recruitment Team.
- Raise contracts, take up references and arrange induction programme for new corporate employees.
- To be responsible for DAI’s induction programme ensuring it is not only carried out for each new joiner but that it is kept fresh and up-to-date.
- Work closely with the Payroll Manager and HR Team ensuring all corporate joiners are correctly entered into DAIE’s systems.
- To be responsible for all HR documentation and correspondence up to the date the employee starts with DAI.
- Continuous review of the recruitment and selection process both from in-house experience and from attending recruitment focused events/seminars with the aim of keeping DAI’s recruitment and on-boarding processes up to date and ensuring a positive experience for all candidates.
- By means of corporate recruitment tracker collating recruitment metrics for incorporation into HR metrics for DAIE and wider group.
- To work with DAI Bethesda on integration and management of recruitment database and systems including Taleo and RMS ensuring any Europe specific requirements are met and keeping the Director of HR informed as appropriate.
Qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience:
- Relevant lead experience in recruitment/consultant relations.
- Excellent customer-facing skills, both internal and external showing an aptitude for setting, managing and delivering against customer expectations.
- A command of the use of social media and other online platforms as sourcing tools.
- Good communication and interviewing skills and networking (internal and external).
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with internal clients and external candidates, both verbally and in writing.
- Fluent in both verbal and written English.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills, and ability to work effectively with diverse teams and handle many tasks simultaneously.
- An understanding of international development is advantageous but not essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (preferably in Recruitment/HR or international development).
- Additional language skills.
The salary offered for the Corporate Recruitment Manager will be commensurate with relevant experience. The successful candidate will work alongside colleagues in the DAI Europe offices in Apsley, Hertfordshire.
DAI offers a generous benefits package including, after a qualifying period, company pension scheme, private health scheme, life assurance, income protection, gym membership and cycle to work schemes.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
If this role sounds interesting and you would like to be part of DAI’s growing business, bidding for and managing donor-funded projects round the world, we look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date for applications is end November 2019 but interviews will be held progressively.