Background/IRC Summary: Working with the Corporate Alliances mini-team within the Institutional Philanthropy & Partnerships unit, within the IRC’s Revenue Department, the Intern will assist with the research, database management, cultivation materials and campaign development/management for Cause Marketing prospects and partners. The Intern will be exposed to 2 – 3 marketing and donor engagement campaigns optimizing IRC’s partnerships with high profile and high equity brands like HBO, Chipotle, Whole Foods and Participant Media. The Intern will have the opportunity to play a role in content creation, campaign success evaluation, and partner communications meanwhile exploring how non-profits can identify and execute shared value initiatives with their corporate partners. This is a development position cultivating multi-faceted corporate partnerships, and the Intern will be exposed to the inner-workings of a thought leader INGO and collaborate on cross-cutting projects with colleagues across fundraising, marketing, communications, and programs.
Job Overview/Summary: Under the direction of the Corporate Alliances Officer, the Intern will support the Corporate Alliances team with developing cause marketing campaigns – inclusive of prospect research, campaign communications content and database management. The Intern will generate written content for marketing collateral, social media, proposals, as well as partner reports and communications. S/he will assist the team’s Officer, Associate Director, and Manager in the creation of integrated fundraising and marketing campaigns and offering administrative support to ongoing IRC campaigns such as the refugee crisis awareness and fundraising campaign, holiday season fundraising, and education in emergencies.
- Researches prospect partners and identifies triple bottom line businesses that align with IRC’s mission and values,
- Assists in updating database and internal server on a regular basis, including contact information, communications with donors, and in-kind donations,
- Supports database maintenance, tracking key performance indicators for cause marketing initiatives resulting in partner-driven impressions and audience engagement,
- Gathers data and information based on media partnerships for use in concept notes, proposals, and partner pitches,
- Assists in writing partner communications materials, including, acknowledgement letters, proposals, social media materials and other partners communications as assigned,
- Supports Corporate Alliance colleagues to collate information from US Programs on Employment, Procurement initiatives, Youth programming, and Micro-enterprise programs for information and updates for partners, and
- Provide administrative support as needed.
Position Reports To: Corporate Alliances Officer, IPP
- Undergraduate or graduate student based in the New York City area ; minimum commitment of 2-3 days per week, for a minimum of 3- 4 months
- Interest in and knowledge of international affairs, humanitarian work, and/or refugee and immigrant populations, and development, marketing, and/or strategic partnerships
- Working knowledge of Salesforce NGO Connect CRM strongly preferred
- Experience with/ knowledge of business relations a plus
- Follows the news and is passionate about (or is committed to) social justice issues
- The ability to work independently and also as part of an inter-departmental team
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong research skills, including the ability to filter and condense accurate information from multiple sources
- Organized, detail oriented, strong inter-personal skills, and professional demeanor
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Social media savvy a plus
- Knowledge of B-Corps and triple-bottom line businesses a plus
Working Environment and Compensation: Standard office work environment; must be flexible with space. Travel stipend and lunch reimbursement available.
- Learn principles of cause marketing
- Learn inner-workings of INGO humanitarian services and refugee resettlement programs
- Learn about social justice issues and political/social/environmental factors that contribute to humanitarian crises
- Research and learn about triple bottom line companies and shared value opportunities across private and public sectors
- Learn about business and non-profit marketing strategies via multiple media platforms and evaluation metrics
- Gain experience writing communications toward donors/ corporate partners
- Gain experience with internal communications, liaising across 90-person department and organization of 10,000
- Understand how to identify and package non profit assets for corporate sponsors and partners
- Opportunity to see a cause marketing campaign to full fruition from design to execution to measurement.
- Opportunity to help develop sponsorship, grant and campaign proposals.
- Learn Salesforce NGO Connect CRM software