The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation – the world’s leader in the search for a cure for cystic fibrosis, and one of the most innovative and successful organizations of its kind is seeking a Coordinator, Policy & Advocacy.
We are a nonprofit, donor-supported organization that has raised and invested billions of dollars to help develop cystic fibrosis therapies that have changed the lives of people with this disease. Nearly every CF medicine available today was made possible because of Foundation support.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CF Foundation) and its employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are the pillars on which the CF Foundation stand and will continue to sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their families.
- Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work. We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support one another.
The position serves to support the Advocacy and Government Affairs team within the Foundation’s Policy & Advocacy Department by performing administrative duties, providing project support, drafting written content, and assisting in the execution of comprehensive strategies for state and federal advocacy on behalf of people living with cystic fibrosis. In collaboration with team members, the Coordinator will help to strengthen and support a best-in-class patient advocacy and government affairs program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides administrative and logistical support including but not limited to meeting scheduling, agenda development, event preparation, materials preparation, and administrative correspondence.
- Drafts advocacy content for internal and external audiences, including but not limited to letters, handouts, action alerts, website content, and training materials.
- Assists in coordination, planning and execution of two federal fly-in events for advocacy volunteers and chapter staff annually, and assists and supports planning and execution of state-level advocacy events annually.
- Develops and maintains systems to track the Foundation’s interactions with lawmakers and volunteers’ grassroots activity.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with key volunteer advocates and chapter staff. Liaises with departments throughout the Foundation to ensure appropriate collaboration.
- Other duties as assigned. Some local travel required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum one-year grassroots, field organizing, or issue advocacy experience, or equivalent (2-3 electoral cycles). Strong interest in politics and familiarity with government process and political strategy strongly preferred.
- Strategic thinker; self-starter with good instincts and ability to be nimble.
- Excellent writing, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and experience working collaboratively across functions among various subject matter experts.
- Experience with database management (Clearview, Salesforce, or similar CRM) and digital platforms (NGPVAN, Phone2Action, or similar mobilization software) a plus.
The Coordinator, Policy and Advocacy will report to and work in collaboration with the Senior Director who, in turn, reports to the Senior Vice President, Chief Policy & Advocacy Officer. No direct reports.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, and temperature.
- No heavy lifting required.
- Minimal travel (e.g., 2x/yr.) to conferences and meetings, as necessary.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is committed to offering competitive compensation (base pay and incentive), benefits, and professional development opportunities that maximize our ability to recruit, retain, reward, and motivate a highly-qualified and diverse workforce. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage; generous time-off and leave policies; a holistic well-being program; health savings and flexible spending accounts; employer-provided life and disability insurance; retirement savings benefits; and a variety of work-life benefits to support employees and their family members.
The CF Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. We strive to recruit and maintain a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, physical or mental disability, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, marital status, genetic information or testing, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or any characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
The CF Foundation is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or would like to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at HROps@cff.org.