The Coordinator, Donor Relations provides administrative support and project coordination related to Corus International’s fundraising efforts with specific responsibilities in areas of gift processing, recurring (monthly) gift management and bequest management. This position has the important responsibility to provide an excellent experience for all donors and constituents.
- Assist in preparing gift batches for entering (this includes gift coding) into Lutheran World Relief (LWR’)s constituent database (Raiser’s Edge) following established protocol for gift data entry and acknowledgement.
- Enter new data or cleanup existing data in the Raiser’s Edge database following established protocol for RE data entry.
- Maintain safe-keeping of all original (includes hard copy) donor files and records. This includes gift history, donor correspondence, donor database and contact reports.
- Must be able to access and retrieve information quickly and easily.
- Prepare and mail gift acknowledgement letters, following identified best practices and LWR guidelines and protocol.
- Manage office supply inventory and ordering, postage and postal accounts, general LWR honor and LWR gift car inventory and fulfillment and other supplies
- Support the recurring (monthly) gift program, Faithful Neighbors. Assist in the response to Faithful neighbor inquiries and manage notifications of expiring credit cards. Ensure Faithful Neighbor welcome packets are mailed within set guidelines.
- Monitor and maintain information concerning planned (deferred) gift inquiries, arrangements, and completions. Coordinate with Philanthropic Engagement team to steward deferred gift donor and donor families.
- Maintain Legacy society membership coding within database.
- Assist the fundraising staff as needed and serve as the liaison between Donor Services and Philanthropic Engagement/Donor Advisors.
- Associate degree required
- Minimum two (2) years experience related experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word & Excel
- Proficiency with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge database and batch
- Strong data entry skills.
- Detail-oriented, with strong organization and planning
- Task and process orientated.
- Commitment to a high degree of accuracy.
- Experience in fundraising and donor services/relations environment
- Strong customer service
- Demonstrates good judgment and decision-making
- Good communication and writing
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality