Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 850 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Our culture, values and commitment to diversity make EDF an exciting and meaningful place to work. Every job here makes a difference. Won’t you join us?
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Development Information and Strategy, the Development Coordinator will be responsible for providing critical administrative and operations support for the entire Development Information & Strategy team. Encompassing Prospect Research, Development Database Services, and Internal Communications, the Information & Strategy team works collaboratively to help meet the needs of a powerhouse Development Department currently raising over $300M/year in support of EDF’s mission. This cross-functional role requires a unique combination of administrative ability and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will be a highly organized, self-motivated, emotionally intelligent individual with excellent attention to detail.
- Manage calendar and expense reporting for the AVP of Development Information & Strategy
- Support broader scheduling and administrative needs for the Information & Strategy team, including managing logistics for team meetings and retreats
- Manage the team’s Annual Budget, subscription renewals, and associated vendor relationships
- Work closely with the AVP and the Internal Communications Team to put together a weekly “Development Update” highlighting fundraising progress for executive organizational leaders
- Enter data on Development constituents including, but not limited to philanthropy, interests, and relationships to help drive donor strategies and measure fundraising progress
- Partner with the Project Manager of Information & Strategy to develop onboarding and training plans and schedule training for all new Development hires, gaining exposure to all areas of the Department
- Support centralized management of information and resources for the team and the broader Development department, ensuring that all Development staff have access to the resources they need to be successful in their roles
- Collaborate with AVP, Senior Manager and Project Manager of Information & Strategy to improve business process, document best practices, and communicate important information to Development staff
- Participate in advancing EDF’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion goals to ensure that people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF’s mission and core values
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in a fundraising, nonprofit or academic setting is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree is a plus
- Exceptional organizational, planning, and administrative skills and ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality while representing the organization and interfacing with all levels of staff, as well as with outside vendors
- Demonstrated self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and the ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity; the ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment and identify problems
- Ability to compose communications that are mindful, conscientious, concise, and people-oriented, supporting equitable access to key information for all members of the Department
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook. Experience with Salesforce or other CRM databases preferred; experience with Microsoft SharePoint a plus
- Interest in fundraising operations
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive
salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities
consistent with a modern global organization.
The pay range for this role is 62,000 –
which takes into account factors such as candidate experience, skills,
training, internal team equity and local norms.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.