The main purpose of the role is to provide general administration and organisational support to the Business Development Unit.
Key tasks, duties and responsibilities:
- Act as proposal coordinator for active bidding opportunities from the tracking stage right through to bid submission and negotiations, including: keeping schedules, support bid planning, oversee logistics, facilitate communication, ensure QMS procedures are followed and records kept, conduct research and assist in recruitment of proposed staff
- Preparation of Expressions of Interest/Pre-Qualification Questionnaires
- Tailor relevant DAI references for inclusion in EoIs and proposals
- Ensure CVs included in bids are presented in the correct format and tailored to the role required,
- Organise team meetings and take minutes
- Conduct weekly reviews of competitors’ activity
- Conduct daily review of competitor and industry press, in particular procurement websites, for distribution to DAI decision-makers
- Conduct competitor research for proposal teams
- Keep abreast of changes to tendering requirements for key clients
- Maintain records of standard compliance documents
- Provide logistical support for reconnaissance efforts in target countries
- Keep the DAI new business tracker up to date
- Facilitate information sharing within the business development unit and with other DAI offices and external partners
- Maintain electronic and hard-copy filing systems
- Play an active role in business process improvement initiatives
- Organise round table discussions with clients and external speakers, as needed
- Monitor seminars and conferences, source relevant publications to assist the Business Development Unit in keeping abreast in areas of strategic technical importance to DAI
- Assist with relevant marketing and communications
Qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience:
- Maths and English GCSE grade A-C and 2 good A-levels (or equivalent)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong organisational skills
- Proactive, assertive and action-oriented with strong intellectual agility and ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills — able to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally
- Able to be flexible, versatile and tolerant in a changing work environment whilst maintaining effectiveness
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Numerate with a high level of attention to detail
- Advanced level of MS Office
- Ability to travel internationally if required
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Demonstrable understanding of and interest in international development and working in an international/multi-cultural environment
- Experience of working with DFID/EU and other major European donors preferred
- Proven experience supporting consulting services or international development projects Experience of quality management systems
- Ability to communicate effectively in at least one other language
The salary offered for the Coordinator will be commensurate with relevant experience. The successful candidate will work alongside colleagues in the DAI Europe offices in Apsley, Hertfordshire.
DAI offers a generous benefits package including, after a qualifying period, company pension scheme, private health scheme, life assurance, income protection, gym membership and cycle to work schemes.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
If this role sounds interesting and you would like to be part of DAI’s growing business, bidding for and managing donor-funded projects round the world, we look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date for applications is 21st February 2020 and interviews will be held progressively.