We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Job Title: Coordination Officer (CO)
Department/Location: Aden, Yemen
Reports To: Operations Manager (OM)
Type: Regular Full-Time
Overview: IBTCI is seeking an experienced Coordination Officer to support the Yemen Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Project (YMELP), a USAID third-party monitoring (TPM) and verification contract based in Amman, Jordan. The purpose of this contract is to monitor USAID humanitarian assistance and verify and provide independent confirmation of humanitarian aid programs in Yemen.
- Request monthly activity plans from Implementing Partners (IPs) and provide collated activity information to the OM;
- Allocate the unique project code per planned site visit, following the OM’s selection of activity sites to be monitored, and thereafter send the Site Visit Request Forms (SVRF) to the respective IPs each month;
- Conduct the initial review of SVRFs received from the IPs, ensuring they are completed properly and supporting documents are attached;
- Seek communication and/or clarification from the IP in instances where the SVRF is incomplete or lacking essential information. Revert to the OM in instances where the SVRF requires additional follow-up;
- Allocate verifiable planned site visits to sub-contractors, in accordance with subcontractor scopes of work, contracted level of effort, and preferred geographic coverage area, under the guidance of the OM;
- Regularly maintain and update the project’s master trackers: site visits allocated/planned, site visits conducted, and site visits cancelled/postponed, while informing the OM daily on the progress of the monthly site visits;
- Obtain a ‘Coordination Challenges’ document from sub-contractors when a site visit has been cancelled and/or deemed to be non-verifiable;
- Maintain and update contact lists of IPs, subcontractors and YMELP personnel, along with other project stakeholders;
- Provide capacity building and training to IP staff on how to properly complete and submit a SVRF;
- Provide capacity building and training to subcontractor staff on how to use and interpret an SVRF, as appropriate; and,
- Perform other duties and tasks as directed by the OM, Chief of Party (COP) and/or DCOP.
- Seven years of professional experience required, preferably in humanitarian development and/or humanitarian assistance roles, including M&E projects;
- Demonstrable professional communication skills with partnering firms and/or international non-governmental organizations is preferred;
- Proficient MS Word and MS Excel skills are essential;
- Advanced knowledge of the Yemini cultural context, cultural norms, and the protracted Yemeni crisis;
- A resident of Aden or nearby commuting areas;
- Fluency in Arabic is required; and,
- Proficient English language skills are required.
- Ability and willingness to be mobile and agile at a moment’s notice in case of an emergency required.
- Ability and willingness to work for extended periods in insecure and diverse environments.
- Ability and willingness to safely enter and exit a larger, armored SUV vehicle that is several feet off the ground without assistance, while wearing body armor and/or a heavy flak jacket.
- In case of an emergency situation, must be able and willing to “duck and seek cover”, which may require the individual to exit the vehicle, unaided, and hurriedly seek shelter elsewhere, as needed, in the event of a roadside emergency.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent higher education; related field is preferable.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment with regular visits to sub-contracting firms.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in Yemen.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).