*Candidates can be based anywhere in Africa where PATH is operating*
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition (RHSC, or the Coalition) is a global partnership of more than 500 public, private, and non-governmental organizations dedicated to ensuring that all people in low- and middle-income countries can choose, obtain, and use affordable, high-quality supplies and related services to ensure their better reproductive health. Our Secretariat is staffed and managed by PATH, an international, nonprofit organization that helps communities around the world break longstanding cycles of poor health.
PATH, on behalf of the Coalition Secretariat, is seeking a Control Tower Analyst to support the Global Family Planning Visibility & Analytics Network (VAN). The VAN is governed by a Steering Committee of supply chain professionals. The VAN supports cost-effective delivery of family planning products to developing countries by allowing supply chain professionals to make coordinated supply and planning decisions based on shared visibility into a common set of data. The Analyst will work with other VAN Control Tower Members to ensure that all required inventory and supply plan data is uploaded on-time, is complete, and meets defined quality standards, so as to be reliable for decision-making.
As a key person analyzing country stock level and shipment data, this position is a critical member of the team that drives the development and roll-out of the VAN. This position will get to see first-hand how an active supply chain Control Tower works across organizations to balance supply and demand for family planning products and to facilitate more timely supply chain responses. It is an exciting role for someone looking to work directly with key supply chain actors and who is interested in providing technical assistance and training in health system strengthening to countries. The Analyst will also develop a strong professional network of key partners in the reproductive health field. The Analyst will be assigned a portfolio of VAN member countries to support.
This position may in engage in regional and international travel including to developing countries, estimated at 15%. Given the current coronavirus global pandemic, the timing and percentage of travel may vary.
Support country health system strengthening through training, and the review, validation, and management of data
- Execute training of assigned country users and other country stakeholders on supply chain data management principles related to VAN processes and the VAN platform.
- Act as main point of contact between VAN and country data providers for the collection, review, and validation of national inventory and supply plan data for a portfolio of countries.
- Work with country data providers to ensure that inventory and supply plan data is submitted on time and is complete.
- Ensure that supply plans, inventory, and order/shipment data as presented in the VAN are in alignment with one another for a portfolio of countries.
- Create data validation tickets and work to resolve data validation issues for a portfolio of countries using the VAN ticketing system when possible, or directly with country data providers.
Resolve family planning supply imbalances in collaboration with country stakeholders and the global RH community
- Collaborate with assigned in-country data providers to review supply exceptions flagged by the system and to determine the appropriate action to request of donors/procurers to avoid stockouts, shortages, and overstocks for at least the next 12 months.
- Work with the Control Tower Planning Manager to execute more in-depth analysis of country data for the Consensus Planning Group (CPG). The CPG is a cross-organizational group of donors, procurers, and technical assistance partners working together to avoid/mitigate family planning stock imbalances.
- Present country-specific issues to donors/procurer members of the CPG and make clear recommendations for action.
Contribute to process improvement efforts of the VAN
- Support continuous process improvement efforts through active participation in VAN taskforces and workstreams.
- Provide input to the development of analytics dashboards to be leveraged by the Control Tower Planning Manager, other Control Tower Members, as well as by international, multi-donor working groups.