The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC is seeking high energy individual with exceptional relationship building skills and creative approaches to sourcing talent. This individual will work as part of a high functioning recruitment team to ensure timely and quality recruitment for US based and international positions. S/he will be responsible for a portfolio assigned on geographical and/or departmental lines, including all pro-active sourcing, advertising, screening, interviewing, reference checking and final negotiations for open positions in his/her portfolio. All work will be accomplished in a spirit of partnership and service with the hiring manager. S/he will also initiate and implement recruitment strategies to increase the IRC’s talent pool and pipelines, and will provide input to ensure the IRC has diverse global talent that performs at a high level responding to the changing needs of the organization. S/he will implement industry “best practices” that ensure the timely selection of top talent, and will recruit for talent that will support IRC’s organizational culture, while contributing to IRC’s position as an employer of choice. This is a 3-6 month assignment to start ASAP, local applicants preferred.
- Track and identify cutting edge trends and best practices in Global recruitment practices.
- Assist in promoting the International Rescue Committee brand as an employer of choice.
- Take ownership for the recruiting, sourcing and identification of talent including proactive discussions with regional and country management for succession planning, retention and recruitment for proposals as required.
- Deepen and widen the talent pools that IRC has access to and support senior level recruitment as requested
- Provide responsive, high-quality service to candidates with additional care for internal or former team members.
- Expand the capacity of hiring teams to identify talent via improved interview skills & ability to specify critical needs.
- Work closely with peers in recruitment and contribute to a culture of shared success
- Recruit highly qualified talent and achieve monthly and quarterly Time to Fill goals
- Gain a deep understanding of IRC’s programs and operations, in order to provide superior talent sourcing, recruiting, and hiring in support of and partnership with hiring managers
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
Work Experience: Minimum 5-7 years of senior level recruitment experience
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work in an ‘emergency’ context – fast paced environment and demanding priorities
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), job boards and social media tools and strategies to attract talent
- Demonstrated experience and ability to create, implement, maintain and improve recruitment strategies and systems in a high-volume context supporting employee groups of 500+ employees in multiple locations within a region or global environment required
- Excellent project management, interpersonal and negotiation skills and a demonstrated ability to provide excellent client service in a cross cultural context
- Strong collaborator with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who is able to work seamlessly across countries, cultures, and organizational units required
Language Skills: Strong verbal and written English; French a plus.
Certificates or Licenses: Certified Internet Recruiter certification a plus