Position Title: Contract and Compliance Associate
Reports to: Senior Contract & Compliance Manager
Location: Boston, MA
Employment Type: Full Time
Reporting to the Senior Contract & Compliance Manager and working within the global PIH finance team with a dotted line to the PIH Legal Team, the Contract and Compliance Associate will help draft, review and negotiate contracts for PIH. The Associate will assist with oversight and support for compliance with organization-wide policies and procedures.
- Drafts or reviews all types of contracts, including grant agreements, subawards, MOUs, consultant and other services contracts, teaming and non-disclosure agreements, and negotiates terms of same (50%)
- Monitors and supports compliance with organization-wide policies and procedures (10%)
- Trains Boston and field staff on organization-wide policies and procedures related to overall financial and legal compliance (5%)
- Assists in preparation and management of documentation required for restricted government and institutional funding (15%)
- Assists with interpreting and applying Federal, multilateral, and private funder statutes, rules, and regulations regarding grant administration (15%)
- Ensures compliance with grant requirements regarding disbarred vendors, purchasing regulations, equipment inventory, and closing documents (5%)
- JD or paralegal with contracts review experience
- At least 3 years of experience with contract review and negotiation
- Experience with USAID, Global Fund, World Bank, and/or other government and multilateral grants preferred, but not required
- Very strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Federal laws and guidelines for administration of federally funded grant projects including Uniform Guidance preferred, but not required
- Ability to present information effectively to top management and project managers
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects concurrently under deadline pressure and changing priorities
- Ability to solve problems creatively in order to meet organizational goals and objectives
- Ability to work well with a diverse team of stakeholders, honoring the concerns and priorities of local staff in field sites
- Exemplary interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments and country
- Interest in social justice strongly desirable
Please include a cover letter and resume with your submission.
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Kazakhstan, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
Partners In Health (PIH) is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of PIH not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. PIH works in and with a number of governments in and outside the U.S., and to the extent applicable, this statement is intended to incorporate the prohibition of any unlawful discrimination covered by applicable laws in such countries, states and municipalities.