Internews is recruiting a team of Content Creators to support two-way communication with the population at risk for COVID-19 in Thailand and potentially other countries in the region. The Content Creators will use Internews social media monitoring and information ecosystem analysis findings to develop content to inform the public and humanitarian response agencies on COVID-19. Their primary effect will be to reduce panic about the virus by responding to hyper-local information needs that are not solely concerned with health behaviours, and can identify, discuss, analyse, and mitigate rumours and misinformation related to COVID-19 arising at local levels.
Content Creators will generate content for social media, traditional media, and humanitarian agencies to distribute to individuals in need of information that responds to information needs identified by the project team. Content Creators may create text, audio, video, infographic, data visualization, or other formats of accurate and targeted “news you can use” for the affected population most at-risk for spreading false information or engaging in behaviours that increase risks for themselves and their communities.
Scope of Work:
- Create relevant, fact-based content in multiple formats, including text, audio, video, infographic, data visualization, or other form of online campaign
- Align content with insights and analysis produced by social media monitoring and information ecosystem analysis produced by the project team
- Work with the project team to tailor content to various audiences, particularly online and on social media
- Collaborate with journalists, influencers, bloggers, and public health officials to develop evidence-based content
- Manage online presence of the project as necessary
- Deliver regular reporting to the project team
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisors
- Strong knowledge of the Thai-language social media ecosystem
- Experience creating widely-distributed online content for journalism, humanitarian, or public health purposes
- Native-level fluency in Thai language
- Good speaking, reading, writing skills in English
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values .
- Knowledge of humanitarian communications, public health communications, and crisis response techniques considered an asset, particularly related to COVID-19
- Video production and editing skills, photo editing skills are a plus
- Graphic design and data visualization skills and knowledge of relevant software to produce info-graphics is a plus
- Strong software skills to ensure proper design and lay-out of the regular reports
- Knowledge of other languages widely spoken in Southeast Asia is a plus
- Self-motivated and used to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong understanding of, and commitment towards editorial values of the project
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.