Starting Date: 09/25/2023
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is a public health management consulting and research organization dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world over the last forty years.
JSI is currently seeking an outstanding Content Coordinator for a portfolio of activities on the Country Health Information System and Data Use (CHISU) global cooperative agreement funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). CHISU is a 5-year program designed to enhance host country capacity to produce high-quality health information, to manage this information, and to institutionalize evidence-based decision-making. The program works with USAID-supported host countries to strengthen the enabling environment of health information management and strategic planning in order to: improve harmonization of fragmented information systems, reduce duplication of data collection, and improve monitoring and tracking of a countryâ€™s own health trends and priorities.
The Content Coordinator will be responsible for helping develop and disseminate high quality content for all CHISU and partner platforms, including websites, intranet, and social media channels. The Content Coordinator will work closely with country offices and partners, as well as with the Operations, MEL and KM teams, to ensure coordination on content development and release for maximum external impact. The Content Coordinator will work in close collaboration with CHISUâ€™s editor and under the direct supervision of the Senior Strategic Communications Advisor.
This is a full-time position based in the US. Salary range commensurate with skills and experience.
- Help draft and proofread inputs to a variety of products, including multimedia projects.
- Help produce and format content for a variety of platforms (print, digital, audio, video).
- Support CHISU digital platforms content dissemination strategy.
- Support the creation and curation of visual assets in collaboration with CHISU teams.
- Help create content about project-related milestones, events and conferences.
Activities may include:
- Transcribing interviews and drafting related write-ups.
- Supporting communications archival practices.
- Supporting the packaging of products and process documentation, including notes.
- Supporting the development of written material for a variety of products.
- Facilitating translation processes.
- Helping maintain an editorial calendar and content planner for social media channels.
- Updating the CHISU website and intranet content as needed.
- Facilitating intranet registration and use by staff.
- Creating and maintaining staff profiles.
- Collaborating with the web team to improve user experience in all CHISU platforms.
- Helping create and update web taxonomy as appropriate.
- Producing and disseminating regular news digests for internal and external audiences.
- Regularly curating, producing and editing intranet and web content.
- The successful candidate will have a bachelor degree in Communications.
- A minimum of three yearsâ€™ professional experience in Communications.
- Demonstrated expertise working with digital media and storytelling.
- Ability to use professional editing software.
- Have specific social media training and/or experience.
- Team player, client oriented and focused on helping projects succeed.
- Well-organized, good time management, proactive, able to balance multiple activities.
- Fluent in English. French is a plus.
- Video editing skills are a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 08/28/2023.
No phone calls please.
Principals only please.