For more than seven years, CARE have operated a joint venture, Join My Village, which is a digital platform telling the stories of girls and women in CARE programs in India and Africa. In its latest iteration, the emphasis will be placed on sourcing content from the field for use by our corporate partners rather than on the public facing platform. The goal is to build a library of current, exciting stories, videos and pictures direct from programming that meet our partners’ communications needs and priorities.
CARE is hiring a Content Coordinator based in the U.S. whose primary purpose will be to receive content packages from media officers embedded in CARE programs funded by the partners, and then edit and refine and deliver monthly batches to spec to corporate partners. Content will also be used by CARE online and through social channels, potentially on the continuation of JMV social channels. Should CARE choose to continue using the JMV website and social channels, it would be populated by this content.
The Content Coordinator will work directly with CARE field staff in Malawi, India and West Africa as well as with our partners’ communications staff to identify content needs and agree upon an annual calendar for delivery. The Coordinator will also work closely with SP-Corporate relationship managers and other colleagues in brand and communications.
Through Fiscal Year 2017, the Content Coordinator will also be tasked with scoping and managing a phase out (or reinvention of) the Join My Village website and social channels, which are now hosted by CARE.
- Establish new Content Delivery program for field staff and corporate partners.
- Work with partners and internal CARE stakeholders to design, structure and execute processes and systems to deliver regular batches of CARE content for use in corporate communications channels, thereby raising CARE’s exposure and awareness of our partnership among new audiences.
- Work with partner communications officers to determine communications needs (stories, video and photo assets, etc.), build work-plan and identify monthly deliverable list 6 – 12 months in advance.
- Manage content assignments for in-country media officers (currently posted in Malawi, Ghana and India).
- Work closely with media officers to ensure they understand partners’ needs, have access to the program, and are able to deliver content requirements on time. Likewise, communicate back to partner any new communications opportunities that the media officers may identify.
- Receive content (blog posts, photos and videos) from media officers and edit to meet partners’ requests and CARE’s brand standards for external communications.
- Ensure delivery of “content packages” to partners per agreed-upon schedule.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, marketing, communications, or equivalent combination of education and work experienced;
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in project management, marketing and communications;
- Strong project management skills including ability to navigate complex internal and external priorities and abilities to prioritize multiple tasks;
- Proven ability to successfully deliver on goals in a fast paced environment with minimal direction;
- Expertise in writing and editing communications, including high level of skills in social media;
- Social media skills;
- Strong project management skills;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills;
- Strong PowerPoint and presentation skills;
- Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook.