Corus International seeks experienced, successful proposal writing consultants for competitive proposals to institutional donors, including but not limited to USAID, Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), and foundations. Consultants sought will be fluent in French and/or Spanish, preferably with native speaking and writing abilities. The consultant writer will contribute to the writing and editing of technical proposals in support of Corus’ health and agriculture and livelihoods programming in Spanish/French speaking countries within Africa and Latin America and the Caribbean.
Upon agreement of a final Scope of Work, deliverables may include but are not limited to:
- Drafts or reviews technical narrative outline in compliance with donor requirements.
- Serves as lead writer of technical narrative ensuring responsiveness to donor evaluation criteria, reads as “one voice,” and compelling markets Corus’s competitive technical advantage.
- Works in close collaboration with Technical Design Lead, Business Development Manager, and content contributors to gather inputs on design, compiles, and drafts into a coherent draft adhering to donor requirements (e.g., page limits, font type and size, and margins)
- Documents content from technical design meetings (as needed).
- Creates initial drafts of technical narrative (e.g., technical approach, staffing/management, capacity statement, monitoring and evaluation approach) as needed with proposal team inputs.
- Works with the proposal team through pink and red team reviews to incorporate feedback into the draft versions.
- Contributes to conceptualizing graphics to convey key technical messages in technical narrative.
- Incorporates Corus’s competitive advantage into win themes within the proposal.
- Responsible for technical narrative version control.
- Coordinates with sub partners on technical narrative inputs as needed.
- Completes copy edit of technical for grammar and spelling.
- Provide other ad hoc support as needed.
- Previous experience writing technical proposals for donors e.g., USG, FCDO, and foundations.
- Previous experience working with international NGOs teams on technical proposals.
- Previous experience with agriculture and livelihood and health programming in developing countries. Previous experience in Latin America and West Africa country context preferred.
- Speaking and writing fluency in Spanish or French required