PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PAVE is the Partnership for Vivax Elimination led by PATH and Medicines for Malaria Venture bringing together country partners, donors, and other not-for-profit organizations to eliminate P. vivax malaria. PAVE supports countries in adopting new and existing tools and approaches to achieve universal access to best clinical practices for P. vivax case management.
PATH is seeking a Pharmacovigilance Specialist – Consultant to coordinate the work on pharmacovigilance strengthening to accelerate the introduction of radical cure for P. vivax. The consultant will work closely with National Malaria Control Program (NMCP), Ethiopian Food and Drug Administration (EFDA), other key stakeholders and partners in delivering the responsibilities.
- Desk review of available pharmacovigilance (PV) guidelines of EFDA /FMOHS
- Review/ assess the current Adverse Event (AE) recording and reporting mechanisms undertaken by EFDA
- Review the existing tools, forms and formats used for AE reporting by other public health programs of MOHS e.g., National TB program
- Conduct SWOT analysis of the Pharmacovigilance system vis-à-vis AE reporting for P. vivax
- Identify and develop SOPs for PV process to record/report AE in relation to P. vivax including identification of current reporting forms and formats of NMCP where these aspects could be built into.
- Identification of capacity building/ training needs on PV at different levels of health systems
- Develop detailed PV strengthening plan with activities, timelines and budget including training needs on PV
- Coordinate and facilitate the stakeholder meetings in relation to this task
- Sharing of the plan with key stakeholders