Scope of Work
Virtual Meeting Facilitation
CLICK HERE FOR FULL RFP
PSI is a leading global health organization with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors, and harnessing the power of the markets, PSI provides life-saving products, clinical services and behavior change communications that empower the world’s most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives. PSI’s core values are a belief in markets and market mechanisms to contribute to sustained improvements in the lives of the poor; results and a strong focus on measurement; speed and efficiency with a predisposition to action and an aversion to bureaucracy; decentralization and empowering our staff at the local level; and a long-term commitment to the people we serve. PSI has programs in 67 countries. For more information, please visit www.psi.org
The US President’s Malaria Initiative Impact Malaria Project (IM) is PMI’s flagship global malaria service delivery project, helping to improve the quality and increase the delivery of malaria prevention, diagnosis, and treatment services in up to 27 countries around the world. IM is a USAID contract hosted and led by PSI as the prime contractor. PMI Impact Malaria works with national malaria control programs to help tackle these challenges by:
- Closing the gaps in malaria service delivery to get the right medicine, with the correct diagnosis, to patients in need, in the timeliest manner.
- Unlocking the potential of key drug-based approaches, by helping countries to introduce, implement, and scale-up proven innovations to move countries forward in their elimination efforts, according to each country’s unique malaria situation.
- Strengthening malaria health systems and the use of data for decision-making to link operational research and country-led dialogue with global technical leadership for the means of accelerating service delivery improvements and advancing key learnings.
The IM team is a results-focused, multidisciplinary and multicultural team, based out of Washington DC, working through PSI country offices as well as through our partners Jhpiego, MCDI and UCSF.
The IM project is planning on virtually hosting its annual meeting tentatively scheduled the week of July 12-16, 2021. It is anticipated that the meeting will span 4 consecutive days including daily presentations between 7am-12pm EST. IM anticipates participation from approximately 60 colleagues based in Washington, DC and approximately 18 countries. PSI is currently planning 3-6 sessions daily, including the potential for concurrent sessions, on a variety of topics (such as leadership, sharing of lessons learned, technical topics, etc.) and from a variety of speakers.
Scope of Activities
IM is seeking a consultant, consulting team, or organization to design, organize, host, and facilitate IM’s virtual annual meeting. The selected vendor will be expected to provide the following services:
- Provide a virtual meeting space to virtually host participants and presentations using either Zoom, Wonder, or other virtual platform;
- Facilitation of concurrent meetings and presentations including the use of breakout rooms (as necessary) to encourage active presentations;
- Lead the design and planning of an interactive 4 day event including, but not limited to developing leadership training modules, development of an agenda in collaboration with the IM team, assisting the team in the design of effective and interactive ways to deliver content IM develops (e.g. plenaries followed by breakouts, different learning tracks, etc.), sending pre-meeting surveys to participants/invitees, designing and sending of virtual save the dates and invitations in both English and French, and the management of invitee RSVPs;
- Assist with the adaptation of presentations into virtual meeting friendly formats, and working with the IM team on ensuring virtual presentations go smoothly and encourage active participation;
- Provide logistics and coordination both before and during the meeting including troubleshooting any sound, video, or connectivity issues;
- Host a one-hour virtual networking/team building event for participants to informally meet and socialize. Vendor can propose format and suggest activities for this not limited to games or activities to promote team building;
- Document key findings and action items discussed during the meeting. Follow up with participants to provide additional information, documentation, or materials.
- Translation and interpretation- ability to manage presentations and simultaneous interpretation in both English and French to same audience during sessions desired but not required
PSI will provide the technical content for the presentation and sessions and will work closely with vendor to ensure materials are provided in a timely manner.
The selected vendor will be responsible for completing the following deliverables:
- A comprehensive plan for the 4-day event incorporating A) a timeline for the preparation for the event including development of materials and save the dates, B) the agenda for the meeting, and C) a detailed logistics plan to ensure smooth implementation throughout the process;
- Designing and sending save the dates and invitations to identified participants in both English and French 6 weeks in advance of the meeting and confirming final participation list by 4 weeks in advance of meeting;
- Providing guidance and assistance to IM team in the development of presentations and the creation of a repository of all presentations and presentation material which is to be made available to participants in English and French at least 2 weeks in advance of the meeting;
- Provision of a virtual meeting space capable of hosting approximately 60 participants in addition to the ability to host concurrent presentations and form breakout groups;
- Development of a leadership training module that the Bidder will present to staff during the course of the meeting;
- Facilitation of the IM Annual Meeting including management of slide decks for presenters and the provision of technical support to troubleshoot issues around audio, video, and connectivity;
- Hosting of a one-hour virtual networking/team building event for participants to informally meet and socialize. Vendor can propose format and suggest activities for this not limited to games or activities to promote team building;
- Final report documenting key findings and action items discussed during the meeting, summarizing all activities and services provided, and providing any suggestions for improvement for future meetings.
- At least 5 years’ of event management experience including experience managing virtual meetings;
- Demonstrated ability to host and facilitate virtual meetings (examples of previous work and references required);
- Ability to managing multiple, concurrent presentations and troubleshooting technical issues prior to and during virtual meetings;
- English language required, ability to exchange in French a plus for communicating with IM country teams;
- Experience working with non-profits preferred;
- Preference given to registered small businesses.
CLICK HERE FOR FULL RFP