Crisis Group seeks to contract a consultant for the duration of four months to support the Development Operations team at International Crisis Group. The consultant would support operations by maintaining our donor database, managing donations processing, and coordinating special appeals. The consultant would also be responsible for conducting research in an effort to identify viable prospects (individuals, corporations, foundations, and government and multilaterals) with the capacity to contribute to Crisis Group’s vital work.
The consultant will:
- Monitor gifts received by Crisis Group on multiple platforms and enter all gifts, pledges and agreements into the donor database.
- Generate gift acknowledgement letters, contribution receipts, invoices, renewal letters, and pledge reminders.
- Research high net worth donor prospects and gather information regarding their philanthropic interests, giving capacity, etc.
- Identify and rank new prospects using a broad range of internal and external data sources, prepare documentation, provide detailed briefings, and write and develop detailed profiles and research reports and briefings.
- Prepare biographical profiles and research reports for use by Crisis Group fundraisers and other key leaders, board members, and staff involved in major gift work.
- Use creative thinking skills to identify new sources of support to match institutional initiatives.
- Update and maintain non-gift information on prospects and donors in the database, including clipping relevant newspaper and journal articles.
- Assist with events and stewardship initiatives as requested.
- Coordinate and track strategic appeals.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in this project, please submit your letter of interest by 30 September 2022.