We are one of the leading German consulting companies working in international development cooperation. At GFA Consulting Group, we strive to catalyse change to improve the quality of life of people around the world. We provide consulting services and implement projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Our clients are GIZ, KfW, the European Commission and many others. Since 1982, we have been active in more than 130 countries and continuously expand the scope of our work, which currently includes ten technical business areas and corresponding departments.
Within the Governance Department, we concentrate on consultancy services related to Public Administration Reform, Decentralization, Justice & Rule of Law, Peace & Security, Social Protection, Promotion of Civil Society, and Urban Development / Urban Governance.
Join our team in the Governance Department in Hamburg as an open-minded and versatile Consultant (m/f/d) and contribute to our mission to provide quality services worldwide. The duty station will be Hamburg with frequent travel mainly to Asia and/or Latin America, but possibly also to Africa, Eastern Europe, and the Middle East.
- Acquisition of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals mainly in the field of Urban Development / Urban Governance, but also in other technical areas
- Management of ongoing projects and studies (backstopping) on site and Hamburg-based (financial and technical administration, monitoring and evaluation of projects and studies)
- Networking with donor agencies, beneficiaries, partner companies or institutions, subcontractors and experts
- Conducting fact-finding and technical short-term consultancy missions
- Elaboration of reports, concepts and presentations and contribution to knowledge and quality management
- Active contribution to the further development of the thematic area of Urban Development / Urban Governance
- Representing GFA in conferences and seminars
- Supporting on-the-job-training of our Junior Professionals
- University Degree (Master) in urban development, urban/regional planning, urban governance, climate change, geography or other related area
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in the context of development cooperation, preferably in Asian and / or Latin American countries
- Professional knowledge of concepts and policies of climate-resilient urban development, urban transportation, urban governance, climate/infrastructure finance and public service provision, and related topics
- Experience in e-Governance aspects would be an asset
- Hands-on experience in development projects through long or short term assignments – experience in urban governance / urban development projects or programs would be an asset
- Familiarity with the German (GIZ, KfW) and European development sector (e.g. EC, EIB, EBRD); a profound understanding of the strategies and policies of the relevant donor agencies will be an asset
- Working experience in developing countries and/or threshold countries. Experience in Asia and/or Latin America is an asset
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English and working knowledge of German is a prerequisite; proficiency in Spanish is considered a strong asset
- Willingness to travel abroad on a regular basis
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage complex situations under tight schedules
- Ability to work in intercultural teams
What we offer:
We work at the heart of International Cooperation and find solutions to global challenges through our projects. Integrated into a team of employees from all over the world and different backgrounds, we lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training.
Our flexible working time model and our family-oriented company policy makes it possible for you to reconcile professional and private life. Even though Hamburg is a vibrant city, GFA offices are surrounded by nature. To get here fast and easy we offer a public transport reimbursement program.
The sense of community at GFA is very important to us. We regularly organize social events for people to get to know each other and to exchange.
Interested candidates should send their complete application (cover letter, CV, work references / certificates) by email to:
Ms Karen Reschenberg
GFA Consulting Group GmbH
Tel.: (49) 40 603 06 – 122
Karen Reschenberg firstname.lastname@example.org