The Policy and Innovation Facility (the Facility) aims to build capacity in Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan to formulate and implement economic policy reforms. This initiative will develop a high capacity facility to help the governments of both countries to solve their strategic as well as some burning tasks in the following areas: trade and investment policy, private sector development, access to finance, business environment reforms, and support of key sectors.
The Facility through its networks of international and local consultants will support the Government champions (ministries and agencies) in providing a tailored advice and assisting in implementing different high-profile types of assignments, which will become the Facility’s projects. The Facility will help to ensure that the wide range of efforts aimed at implementing commitments all adhere to high standards of rigor and credibility. It will also help ensure that progress toward such commitments is assessed, reported, and communicated in generally comparable ways, thus enabling tracking and management of outcomes across the country and/or relative to national targets.
Objective of the project
The project aims to provide technical assistance to the State Committee on Investments and State Property Management of Tajikistan in drafting the Concept of State Policy for Attracting Investment to Tajikistan. The outcome of the project is to hand in the Concept that will include an analysis of the current investment climate, examination of the best international practices and offer policy recommendations for Tajikistan.
Scope of the project
The project will consist of preparing the Concept of State Policy on attracting Investments to the Republic of Tajikistan.
- Elaborate a Concept of the State Policy on Attracting Investments to the Republic of Tajikistan by:
- Conducting SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) analysis;
- Conducting PEST (Political, Economic, Social and Technological) analysis;
- Analyzing best global practices of drafting Concepts on investment attractions;
- Identifying the investment potential of key sectors of the economy;
- Preparing policy recommendations for the improving the investment policy;
- Preparing policy recommendations for improving the legislative base based on key recommendations of the report.
- The Expert will work closely with a local consultant in managing delivery of the assignment
Overall requirements for the international short-term technical expert:
- Advanced degree in public administration, economics, governance or other relevant qualification.
- Relevant work experience in building relationships and working with government entities, business associations and private sector;
- Proven experience in policy formulation and implementation;
- Experience working in Central Asia;
- Proficient in English; knowledge of Russian is a strong asset;
Duration of the assignment: Six months
LoE: to be confirmed later
Start Date: As soon as possible
Last date for submission of applications is 3rd February 2020.
P.S. – The ToR is subject to change and will be finalized in consultation with the shortlisted consultant.