The Bantwana Initiative of World Education, Inc. is currently implementing the Western Uganda Bantwana Program (WUBP), a violence against children (VAC) project in 20 schools and communities in Kabarole, Kyenjojo, and Bunyangabu districts. The project aims at influencing positive shifts among teachers, children, and caregivers, particularly around unequal gender norms related to sexual violence against girls, teen pregnancy, and early marriage. The project is conducting activities in three Result Areas and has developed curriculum and guides that are at different stages of development and completion. The project thus seeks an individual consultant with knowledge and skills on communication, material development, and child protection programming to work with staff to develop and or complete the curriculum and tools that are at different stages of development.
Parenting Education Programs
- Positive Parenting Manual and Community-Based Guides: Adopt the Sinovuyo curriculum to reflect what is happening on the ground. For the manual, the consultant will need to revise the manual in use by incorporating best practices from the field. For the community-based guides used by facilitators, the consultant will be required to do a final copy edit and formatting of the local language translation.
- Single Gender Session Guides: These are sessions that are drawn from the parenting manual that are conducted as community dialogues with single gender caregiver groups. The consultant will be required to pull these sessions together into a clear and cohesive document.
- Buddy System Guide: The consultant will be required to develop a basic tool to help caregivers in the parenting program to provide peer-to-peer support and learn from each other during and after the parenting program.
- Demonstrated professional experience and creativity in instructional design and materials development for low-literacy adult audiences
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required
Please submit your CV, an expression of interest, and daily rate at the application link below.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online.
No phone calls please.
Principals only please.