The overall objective of this consultancy is to develop a three-year Economic Inclusion / Livelihoods Strategy to ensure that NRC Colombia can respond to the influx of Venezuelan migrants and the ongoing internal displacement crisis in Colombia through relevant and innovative economic inclusion / livelihoods programmes.
SCOPE OF WORK
The scope of work for the Consultant will include but not be limited to:
- Review of existing economic inclusion / livelihoods programmes in Colombia by NRC Colombia and selected humanitarian and development organisations.
- Through a consultative process (with NRC Colombia, selected humanitarian and development organisations, the private sector, the Government of Colombia and NRC programme participants) and application of an appropriate tool of analysis, identify focus areas and develop strategic objectives to promote the economic inclusion and livelihoods opportunities for Venezuelan migrants and displaced Colombians.
- Review NRC’s institutional capacity, organizational set-up, financial and administrative systems against the identified focus areas and strategic objectives and make recommendations, if any.
- Propose a strategy for working on the focus areas and achieving the strategic objectives
- Develop a Results and Resources Framework for the strategy period 2020-2023
- Hold stakeholder meeting(s) to validate the draft strategy
- Finalize strategy and submit to NRC Colombia
- A three-year Economic Inclusion/Livelihoods strategy including a partnership opportunities matrix and a results and resources framework
- Report on the process including stakeholder consultations and workshops
This assignment is expected to be carried out between July and October 2019 for a period of max. 30 workdays out of which at least 10 must be in Colombia.
The Consultant will report directly to the Heads of Programmes. The Cash and Livelihoods Coordinator as well as the Global Livelihoods Programme Development Manager will provide relevant background information necessary for the assignment as well as overall guidance and technical support to the consultant. NRC Colombia shall be responsible for the coordination of meetings and other activities under the consultancy.
Candidates should meet most of the following criteria:
- Academic Qualifications
At least a master’s degree in a relevant field in the area of planning, public policy, development studies, economics, business administration or similar.
- Demonstrated experience in successful strategic planning and management
- Experience in economic inclusion / livelihoods programmes with displaced populations in urban and rural areas, including activities related to private sector engagement, enterprise development, value chain development, and financial inclusion
- Demonstrated experience in working with government, business owners, chambers of commerce, displaced populations and other stakeholders
- Knowledge, or willingness to quickly acquire knowledge, of Colombia’s economy, labour market profile and its history of armed conflict
- Prior work experience in Colombia is an advantage
- Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken in Spanish or excellent communication skills in written and spoken in English and fluency in spoken Spanish
- Must be result-oriented, a team player, exhibiting high levels of enthusiasm and integrity
- Skills in facilitation of stakeholder engagements/workshops
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications consisting of:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Technical and financial proposal for implementing the assignment
- Samples of similar assignments (optional)
Please quote “Economic Inclusion / Livelihoods Strategy” on the subject line. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 21th of July 2019 at CoB Colombia time.